Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    Well I think that we can all agree that we have all learned a lot from one another. Which i guess is also the idea of this site. ;)
    Oh, absolutely. I can't prove it, sitting here hiding behind my keyboard, but having been here only a relatively short time, watching what other's post and seeing their concerns, I feel I've definitely grown and learned.

It may sound selfish, but that's far better than most of what I've shared.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 06:20 AM
    I agree with you Captain. I love hearing what other people have to say and hearing their opinions. I always feel its best to open yourself up to all different perspectives. Its great to see someone else's side and be able to say I get where you coming from BUT...
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 15, 2007, 06:38 AM
    It is hard to pin down one 'best part' of being a member here.

One of these is being able to share with others and get their opinions.

Speaking of sharing - I passed the test!

I was looking for a good site on teen sexuality and teen pregnancy and found this little challenge. I took the Sex-Fu Challenge and passed it.

Try it, you might like it. I'm in the fun mood, keeping myself busy so that I don't worry about my surgery tomorrow, and the weeks in a cast to come.

Let me know what you think abou this site and take the test.

Teens | sexualityandu.ca - Your Link to Sexual Well-Being

nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 06:54 AM
    so that I don't worry about my surgery tomorrow, and the weeks in a cast to come.
    Aw... good luck Chery! I am sure the surgery will go well!:)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery

Excellent resource site that I'll bookmark. My daughter is only 7 but they grow up so fast these days. I see the Quizzes area in Multimedia, is that what you mean?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    It is hard to pin down one 'best part' of being a member here.

One of these is being able to share with others and get their opinions.

Speaking of sharing - I passed the test!

I was looking for a good site on teen sexuality and teen pregnancy and found this little challenge. I took the Sex-Fu Challenge and passed it.

Try it, you might like it. I'm in the fun mood, keeping myself busy so that I don't worry about my surgery tomorrow, and the weeks in a cast to come.

That is an awesome resource! I took the test and passed it too! Thank goodness I know what I know, because there are some people out there my age that don't know very much about sex. I have met a couple of them in real life! :)
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 15, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Excellent resource site that I'll bookmark. My daughter is only 7 but they grow up so fast these days. I see the Quizzes area in Multimedia, is that what you mean?
    Hi old friend, nice to hear from you!

If you mean the test, it is on the site's page and it looks like this:
    Attached Images

Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 07:20 AM
    That's it, Chery. I took it and passed, too. I didn't get every question correct, so again I've learned something! Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2007, 07:21 AM
    Ah... I see it now, in IE. Firefox with AdBlock blocks that for some reason. I'll have to try it when I'm a little less busy.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Aug 15, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Helping others is why most of us do this. I have been answering questions on sites like this one for over 10 years now. I have worked the pay sites as mentioned above but I enjoy the kick back free sites like this one the best. I have herd from a number of you some like what I say and some don't hehehe. That's OK we can't all agree and that's what makes this type of site work so good. The asker gets all types of answers and its up to them to take out of them all what helps.

Dennis777
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Yep, what a strange world this would be if everyone loved chocolate?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 16, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Here's why I still do this. See the last post:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/small-...tml#post562041
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Here's why I still do this. See the last post:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/small-...tml#post562041

Wow. That is so wonderful. Its so nice to be recognized for what you do. You do give a lot of great advice and are able to help a lot of people out of some sticky situations.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Yes, it sure is nice Scott... sheesh I think I have been brought out of a few of my own! LOL
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 09:51 AM
    I guess I must be missing something. :confused: I thought the best part about being a member of AMHD was the ability to sit down and answer questions early in the morning in my tighty whities, scratch myself where ever I want to with no one the wiser. Add a hot cup of coffee to that and I am in my own private heaven.
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Aug 16, 2007, 09:53 AM
    AHHHHH, that is why we are here.

Confuscious say, you go to bed with itchy butt, you wake up with stinky finger!! LOL
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 16, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Its nice to reach out and try to help. Its also a good reminder that life experience really is worth something. :)
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shatteredsoul
    AHHHHH, that is why we are here.

Confuscious say, you go to bed with itchy butt, you wake up with stinky finger!!!! LOL
    PMSL.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 16, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    I guess I must be missing something. :confused: I thought the best part about being a member of AMHD was the ability to sit down and answer questions early in the morning in my tighty whities, scratch myself where ever I want to with no one the wiser. Add a hot cup of coffee to that and I am in my own private heaven.
    That's who's been peekin'! :eek:
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Aug 16, 2007, 12:58 PM
    The best thing about AMHD is the great advice I had gotten here when my ex fiancé broke up with me 6 months ago,again. Without that great advice I think I would still be sitting and staring at the wall and very hurt. I Am so much better the when I joined 5 months ago. I have taken the advise here and tried to apply through my hurtful situation. Now I get the satisfaction and the honor to apply what I have gone through and the knowledge I have gotten from my fellow posters who have helped me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We get some funny ones here at AMHD! [ 1 Answers ]

Im sorry. Not sure if I should have done this but I laughed too hard not to share!! https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens-health/cleanliness-vagina-95006.html

An Idea I have Thanks to AMHD [ 6 Answers ]

So in reading all of the posts here on the dog forum I got to thinking. Many of the posts here are from dachshund owners and some owners that don't seem over joyed with their new pet. I started to worry about where these pets go if they do not mix in well with their new home. I got online and...

Power goes out in part of house w/out tripping breaker Part 2 [ 2 Answers ]

How would I use a voltage tester? Would I go from outlet to outlet measuring the voltage? I've gone around the house and tightened outlets and opened the panel and tightened the screws that were not tight. I haven't seen the lights dim since I tightened everything. Thanks a lot! Gbrown

View more questions Search