Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2007, 04:52 AM
    I like the pay. My monthly cheques from AMHD allow us to travel to visit my parents.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 05:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I like the pay. My monthly cheques from AMHD allow us to travel to visit my parents.
    You get paid? I thought this website is a non profit org.:rolleyes: :confused:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 14, 2007, 05:11 AM
    Yep, it is indeed ALL the profits go to our bestest members ;)

NOT <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pssssst THIS INDICATES A JOKE !!!!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 05:13 AM
    I thought people here just help others without getting paid.
    It's not volunteering?
    Who are those getting paid? Are all the "Ultra members" and "Experts"?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2007, 05:14 AM
    That's the problem with written text - I can't get that 'joking' inflection in there.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 14, 2007, 05:15 AM
    nicespringgirl, please reread my post ;)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2007, 05:21 AM
    Thx for the cash Curly. I'll keep shtum.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 05:21 AM
    Aw... you guys are bad! :P
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 14, 2007, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    You get paid?! I thought this website is a non profit org.:rolleyes: :confused:
    That was a joke. But the site itself is not non-profit at least not intentionally. The owners of the site do want to make a profit. Whether they do or not I don't know.

However, all help provided on the site is on a volunteer basis. Answering questions publicly is done without any rumenration. However there are two fetures offered by the site. If an asker is pleased with the help they have received, there is an option to "tip" the responder by transferring an amount of the asker's choosing to the answerer's Paypal account. Some answerers are willing to take the help to the next level with personal, real time, one on one help on a fee basis. I've had a couple of people request IM and phone help for specific issues.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Also, most experts also get a Google adsense ad on any replies they make to a forum that they are expert in (If they have set it up), any profit from those goes directly to the expert.

In over 6 months I have made nearly $5 from these ads. Score!
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 05:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    That was a joke. But the site itself is not non-profit at least not intentionally. The owners of the site do want to make a profit. Whether they do or not I don't know.

However, all help provided on the site is on a volunteer basis. Answering questions publicly is done without any rumenration. However there are two fetures offered by the site. If an asker is pleased with the help they have received, there is an option to "tip" the responder by transferring an amount of the asker's choosing to the answerer's Paypal account. Some answerers are willing to take the help to the next level with personal, real time, one on one help on a fee basis. I've had a couple of people request IM and phone help for specific issues.
    Okay, I will call you when emergency takes place, do u accept credit card? I just got one!:p :cool:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 14, 2007, 05:39 AM
    You can use your CC to pay via Paypal ;)
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 14, 2007, 05:51 AM
    When I first found this site, I had a computer problem.. then I just browsed around and read some threads and automatically felt that this was a group I wanted to join.
    From all around the world, old, young, different cultures and experiences.. Where else can you find such a wonderful place?
    I wouldn't give it up for anything. The people I met here cannot be replaced in my heart or mind.

This is my "home away from home" and I'm glad that we can help as much as we do.

It makes me proud to be a part.

Thumbs up for AHMD!
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 07:55 AM
    It help to know that there are people going through the same things as I am... A little different situation can open our eyes. I like that part...
    I say thumbs up for AMHD too!
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Aug 14, 2007, 08:18 AM
    I think this is a great place to be ourselves. I can express all of my feelings and say whatever is on my mind. I have met many insightful and beautiful people, who I have connected with and learned from. I also feel very good when I am able to give someone advice and it actually helps them. I like hearing back from people. I feel very accepted and loved on here and when I started my first thread, I was struggling so much and feeling so badly. I still struggle and have days where I feel dreadful, but the people here always lift me up. Thanks to all of you.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Helping someone really sets off a feel-good chain reaction. See the effects of the simple act of helping, and you'll realize that you really do make a difference in the world.

I see how differently each of us thinks over the same thing. We learn to accept each other and be humble.

Learning is the most enjoyable thing in our life!:)
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Helping someone really sets off a feel-good chain reaction. See the effects of the simple act of helping, and you'll realize that you really do make a difference in the world.

I see how differently each of us thinks over the same thing. we learn to accept each other and be humble.

Learning is the most enjoyable thing in our life!:)
    I agree 100%. It feels so good to be able to help someone. It is also so cool to see how people from different countries and cultures can come together to help each other and everyone brings their own unique perspective. It's also cool to see that we are all pretty much the same no matter where you go.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    I agree 100%. It feels so good to be able to help someone. It is also so cool to see how people from different countries and cultures can come together to help each other and everyone brings their own unique perspective. It's also cool to see that we are all pretty much the same no matter where you go.
    e.g. I have learned a lot from you Glinda:) Thank you.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 14, 2007, 06:44 PM
    e.g. I have learned a lot from you Glinda:) Thank you.
    We've all learned a lot from you, too.:) What a charming personality!
    And, for the record, I look older just by showing up!:eek:
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Well I think that we can all agree that we have all learned a lot from one another. Which I guess is also the idea of this site. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We get some funny ones here at AMHD! [ 1 Answers ]

Im sorry. Not sure if I should have done this but I laughed too hard not to share!! https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens-health/cleanliness-vagina-95006.html

An Idea I have Thanks to AMHD [ 6 Answers ]

So in reading all of the posts here on the dog forum I got to thinking. Many of the posts here are from dachshund owners and some owners that don't seem over joyed with their new pet. I started to worry about where these pets go if they do not mix in well with their new home. I got online and...

Power goes out in part of house w/out tripping breaker Part 2 [ 2 Answers ]

How would I use a voltage tester? Would I go from outlet to outlet measuring the voltage? I've gone around the house and tightened outlets and opened the panel and tightened the screws that were not tight. I haven't seen the lights dim since I tightened everything. Thanks a lot! Gbrown

View more questions Search