Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Aug 13, 2007, 01:18 PM
    10mg oxycotin
    Hey everyone,

I was recently prescribed 10mg oxycotins for severe back pain I have had for awhile. I hear awful things about this stuff and now I am too scared to take just one pill, I mean can I function or will it space me out? I hate medication, especially ones that have mind altering effects because in the past I have become afraid of dying and I panic while on them. I took tyelynol 3's for dental pain and they made me feel giddy but normal, is this like that?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 07:38 AM
    I hear you, and your worries are valid, it seems dizziness and light-headedness are common side effects, check the link

OxyContin (oxycodone) medical facts from Drugs.com

Aug 14, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Wonderful, Thanks for the link, but now I'm even more scared to take it. I mean I have the lowest dose and I know I just swallow it, so I'm not worried about what happens when you brak itor anything. Drugs never go well with me for some reason, psycological I guess.

Thanks a million for the link:)
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 08:18 AM
    No problem, but actually there is a 5 mg, so yours is a bit more than the lowest, I would expect the bad side effects to go more with the 20 or 40 mg doses though. I'd try taking one in the evening when you don't have anywhere to go and just see how it affects you and decide from there.

Aug 14, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Wise advice to be sure:)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Take the minimum amount required and take it early in the pain cycle. It will take about 20 minutes to kick in and the effect should last 12 hours. You cannot break the tablets.
    Do not take them when the trigger (i.e pain) is not present. Minimize the use. If Tylenol works, use that. Don't overuse any narcotic. You can easily build up a tolerance.
    shotie2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BMI
    Hey everyone,

I was recently prescribed 10mg oxycotins for severe back pain i have had for awhile. I hear awful things about this stuff and now i am too scared to take just one pill, i mean can i function or will it space me out? I hate medication, especially ones that have mind altering effects b/c in the past i have become afraid of dying and i panic while on them. I took tyelynol 3's for dental pain and they made me feel giddy but normal, is this like that?
    Listen oxy is a very addictive drug its not when your on them but when your off. Its kind of like herion
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2007, 11:01 AM
    If you take it early in the pain cycle, you'll have no problems. When you start taking it with no pain, that's when it becomes addictive. The upper limit of the amount is dependent on the person. The effect is respiratory depression. 10mg is a very small amount. DO NOT cut the pills in pieces. The effect should last about 12 hours.
    422605 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jun 2, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Try taking 1/2 a pill, wait for about 1/2 an hour, then if you need it try taking the other half. I believe you can get addicted, but if you stick to the prescription and do not just take it for the hell of it you should be okay. Oxy is drug you take for long lasting effects, it is not a quick fix, but intended to stay in your body for a period.:) :cool:
    Billy124 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2012, 11:17 AM
    I found a pill and it is small round peach colored and has a funny looking p on the top and below it is 75 can anyone help me identify.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oxycotin Addiction [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how long Oxycotin stays in your system and would show up in an UA? What is the longest time that withdrawals can last? Severe stomach pains is one sign of withdrawal can you tell me if that can come from taking them the normal way? Or can this be from snorting them, shooting...

Adictted to oxycotin [ 13 Answers ]

I want to know how to get off oxycotin with out having to go through withdraws please help me

Spouse Addicted to Oxycotin [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am going through a difficult time right now and need some emotional support and some extra prayers. My husband was and most likely is still addicted to Oxycotin. 1 1/2 years ago he really flipped out on Oxycotin. He didn't work for over 4 months, laid in the bed 24 hrs. a day and did...

Oxycotin/Oxycodone side affects [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if these medications (for cancer pain) could cause the throat to close up, (or give the sensation of closing up)?

Addicted to oxycotin [ 5 Answers ]

I Need To Know About Withdrawals From Oxycotin And How To Come Off Fo Them And Side Effects Please Help Me I Want To Come Off Them With Out All The Withdrawals I Have Been Taking Them For Two Years Because I Have Health Issues And My Doctor Is Wanting To Take My Off Them Cold Turkey And Iam Scared...

View more questions Search