Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debbiev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 08:58 AM
    About deeds
    I was wondering about how much does it cost to put someone's name on a deed? Thanks debbie
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 13, 2007, 10:27 AM
    It depends on how you have it done. If you have it prepared by an attorney then it will be the legal fee plus the cost of recording. The legal fee can range anywhere from $50 to $300. The recording fee shouldn't be more than $30 or $40.

If you have it done by a title company then there will be their fee plus the cost of recording. The title company's fee probably wouldn't be more than $100-150.

If you do it yourself then there will be the cost of buying a form deed (probably $20 at most) plus the cost of recording. However if you don't know how to prepare a deed or legal description then doing it yourself could end up costing you a lot more in the long run, since you'll need an attorney or title company to fix whatever might get messed up.

Call some attorneys in your area and also some title agencies. See what kind of fees they charge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deeds [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A Friend That Purchased A Home In June And The Deed States That It Is A Bargin Sale Deed. I Would Like To Get More Information Concerning That And I Would Like To Know If That Was A Good Move For Her To Do.

Filing deeds [ 1 Answers ]

What is the law requiring time to file deeds in the state of Georgia

Deeds [ 2 Answers ]

My Husband Bought A House In Tennessee 2 Months Before We Married. Now We Want To Put My Name On The Deed. How Do We Add This?

Deeds [ 3 Answers ]

I have just returned from my holiday and found out that I have been burglarized, My safe was stolen and in side were my house Deeds. Can anyone tell me what could happen if the Deeds fell into the wrong hands, Can some one try to claim my house as there's ?

Deeds [ 1 Answers ]

My warranty deed(for my home) has my name and my wife's name along with address of property, but does not tell us if it is by joint tenant, tenants in common, or tenacy by the entirety. What kind of ownership do we have?

View more questions Search