Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maadunaai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 09:01 PM
    How to bypass ceiling fan remote
    I have a Harbor Breeze 52" Helix II ceiling fan with light (Model # Model: 78512448), bought from Lowe's. It has a remote and also pull chains. Suddenly, the fan/light stopped working. The remote is unable to turn either of them on. The fan is only about 6 months old.

I read postings about bypassing the remote to isolate the problem, but can't find the actual steps to bypass the remote and test the fan with the pull chains.

Could you please provide the instructions for bypassing the remote, so that I can test if the fan/light works with using the pull chains.

Thanks for your feedback.

GK :)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Can you see if receiver under canopy at ceiling. Usually 2 wires in, and 3 wires out.
    The 2 in are hot and neutral. The out is white(Neutral), black is fan, and blue or black with white is light. If like this, turn power off, connect white to white, then the light and fan wire to hot from ceiling.
    If extra wire in ceiling, may be separate switch leg(to allow light and fan separate control.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Strat is correct. The receiver is a black box that should be found between the fan and the ceiling. You may have to remove the fan from the ceiling.

Ceiling fan wiring - Ceiling Fans N More
    adancomisario Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Comment on Stratmando's post
    Very helpful
    reveresbest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 01:54 AM
    How to separate switch from fan on and light . To just light on, or just fan on?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

How to change ceiling fan remote batteries on a hamilton bay remote control unit [ 3 Answers ]

Before I break the darn thing, can you tell me if the back panel comes off or if I have to unscrew the top and bottom screws?

Need a Fan Remote for Halsey Ceiling Fan [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone know of a universal remote that will work with my fan? The original remote has quit working. I dropped water on it Here is all the information I have on the fan/remote: Remote Control Fan speed control Model UC-7040 120V / 60Hz 1A / 250W Made in Taiwan Used with Halsey Ceiling Fan

Ceiling fan remote control coverting to light/fan dimmer [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently remodeling my home and am coming across a major problem that NO ONE seems to have an answer for. I have two ceiling fans that operate via remote control. The rest of the ones in my home are the popular "pull down" chains - and those work prefectly with the new fan/light dimmers...

Bypass Hampton Bay fan remote to wall control? [ 1 Answers ]

I am adding a room addition to my house and we prewired the room for a fan wall controller. The wall controller will allow me th dim the fan lights and the recess lights all at once and the fan control to control the fan speed of course. I am in a big mess now because the fan I bought from home...

View more questions Search