Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buckeymontana1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Losing weight without excersising
    I am a 5 foot 1 eleven year old who weighs 126 pounds, how can I lose weight from my stomach without excersising?:confused: :confused:
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 06:26 PM
    There is no quick fix! Belly fat is a tricky thing! If you want to know how to get rid of belly fat then you have to look at the whole body. It is impossible to lose fat in a particular spot. No amount of sit-ups or crunches will melt that layer of fat away. You'll just end up with rock hard abs hiding behind a layer of squishy fat. You have to have body wide fat reduction if you ever want to get rid of that extra belly fat. There are 3 musts that you should do in order to help get rid of it. First of all, you need to change your eating habits. Don't try the fad diets, just fill your body with the proper protein, carbohydrates, fiber, and vitamins and minerals. A lean healthy diet will allow your body to metabolize its fate store more efficiently. Second, you must exercise and strengthen all your core muscles, not just your abs, if you want that firm toned midsection. In addition it is vitally important that you also exercise your major muscle groups which include your legs and back. Last, the key to getting rid of fat is burning more calories than you take in. Aerobic training combined with the tips above does just that.
    CheerU Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Aug 12, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Yea not doing some type of excersize and trying to loose weight is nearly impossible so try not being lazy and excersize when you excersize you can pretty much eat what you want
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 06:44 PM
    First of all you are only 11. You should talking to your parents if you are concerned about your weight. You are too young to being to try to restrict your calories. You are still growing and chances are that your body will be changing a lot over the next few years.

If you feel uncomfortable with your body please talk to a trusted adult in your life. You need doctors advice because of your young age.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Just because you are exercising doesn't mean you should necessarily "eat what you want." Spending the day at the gym and then coming home and eating a bag of cheese puffs will not help you look the way and feel the way that you want! In order to get rid of the belly fat and maintain a healthy lifestyle you should eat the RIGHT things and exercise! Please, disregard the above "tip."
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    First of all you are only 11. You should talking to your parents if you are concerned about your weight. You are too young to being to try to restrict your calories. You are still growing and chances are that your body will be changing a lot over the next few years.

If you feel uncomfortable with your body please talk to a trusted adult in your life. You need doctors advice because of your young age.
    Wow it totally went over my head that she was 11. It's normal "baby" fat, it will go away. However, it is important to start living healthy which means exercising and eating right. Make sure to fill your diet with healthy fats(olive oil, nuts, etc.) and get the recommended 2000 calories a day. Drink a lot of milk; your still growing and need a lot of calcium!

Aug 14, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55
    Wow it totally went over my head that she was 11. It's normal "baby" fat, it will go away. However, it is important to start living healthy which means exercising and eating right. Make sure to fill your diet with healthy fats(olive oil, nuts, etc.) and get the recommended 2000 calories a day. Drink a lot of milk; your still growing and need a lot of calcium!
    Not to put this girl down its not baby fat anymore when you weigh 126 pounds and you not really tall which she is not (5'1) if you are having trouble losing weight you should most likely ask your parents for guidance and if that isn't helpful just eat healthy that is what I do I'm a cheerleader I'm 12 turning 13 in a couple of days years old and I'm 4'10 and I weigh 102 pounds and I don't eat a lot of sweets and when I do its very little but I don't count calories or carbs I just know what's right if you feel guilty after you eat something change it (im not saying don't eat at all just make healthy choices
    Good luck!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CheerU
    not to put this girl down its not baby fat anymore when you weigh 126 pounds and you not really tall which she is not (5'1) if you are having trouble losing weight you should most likely ask your parents for guidence and if that isnt helpful just eat healthy that is what i do im a cheerleader im 12 turning 13 in a couple of days years old and im 4'10 and i weigh 102 pounds and i dont eat alot of sweets and when i do its very little but i dont count calories or carbs i just know whats right if you feel guilty after you eat something change it (im not saying dont eat at all just make healthy choices
    good luck!!!
    Hun, her BMI is 23.8 which is normal! Your right, making healthy eating choices and doing regular amounts of exercise will help her maintain her HEALTHY weight and be happy.

Nov 1, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55
    Hun, her BMI is 23.8 which is normal! Your right, making healthy eating choices and doing regular amounts of exercise will help her maintain her HEALTHY weight and be happy.
    Thanks for correcting me I feel like an idiot now my bad

Nov 3, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Well never mind belly fat at eleven years old is kind of gross and she is tall she should be slim for her age!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 01:22 PM
    The best thing you can do is eat healthy. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
    Cut out ALL junk food and soda especially if they have preservatives and chemicals in them.
    Try this exercise ten minutes every other day.
    BURST exercises aren't that hard. You have to do any exercise as hard and fast as you can for 30 to 60 seconds. Take a break for about two to three minutes and then repeat.
    Repeat again and again for a total of ten minutes. Do not do more than every other day.
    theliltank12 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 11:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeymontana1
    I am a 5 foot 1 eleven year old who weighs 126 pounds, how can I lose weight from my stomach without excersising?:confused: :confused:
    I hate to tell you the best way to lose weight is to exercise.. be active ride a bike.. and its extremely important to EAT good foods.. the junk food has no nutritional value and will cause a lot of weight gain. Exercise is great and it will be better for you in the long run.. find something you enjoy the most (maybe a sport) it can be something like raquetball, or rock climbing.. I like trail running with my dog.. find something OUTSIDE you enjoy doing (swimming) and do it! And eat healthier
    loover21 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 10:37 AM
    It might be kind of late to post this, but a 12 year old girl doesn't need to be thinking about going to the gym, or exercising. Call it getting active, fun stuff, like going for bike rides with friends, buy some rollerblades, play a sport. And watch how much sugar and deep fried food you eat and you should notice a difference! Have fun getting in shape!

Nov 20, 2007, 05:43 PM
    rankrank55 to bad so sad its true

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

How do u lose weight in a week:)

Losing weight! :) [ 1 Answers ]

I have been walking briskly for 2 weeks and have lost 8 pounds (down to 135):D I have also been eating healtier, which definetlly has been working. I still have these "love handles" that I would love to get rid of, (leaving to go to the beach for Memorial Day weekend) I know there is no spot...

Losing weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am so sick of people talking about me because I am fat. I don't think it is right and I want to lose weight I need some tips. I am going to the high school next year and a lot of people say that it is a lot of drama and I don't want nobody talking about me because of this. And it has always been...

Losing weight [ 11 Answers ]

Hey fellow cheerleaders!! I'm a cheerleader at my school now and I plan on continuing when I go to college. The problem is, I have a weight issue. I know that I shouldn't completely stress out about it but the college that I plan on going to is very competitive. In my opinion, nobody has really...

Not losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

I 5'11, weigh 232lbs trying to get to 185lbs. 45 yrs old male... my bmi is 32 My supplements are : mens vitmins, hydroxcut, flax seed tablets, fish oil tablets, fiber tablets.. My daily calories are 1200, but I burn off 900-1700 calories daily walking up to 30 min -1 hr I drink approx 5...

View more questions Search