Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmdrbob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 03:18 PM
    "99 Honda Accord not starting
    I have a 99 Honda Accord that only starts sometimes. My problem seems to be when it is hot outside. I've replaced: fuel pump, ignition spark control module, cap & rotor, and coil. I've tested for voltage at the fuel pump plug in the trunk. When the key is turned "on," I get voltage for about 2 seconds, then it goes away. If I keep turning the ignition switch on and off many times, sometimes the voltage will stays. This is a very frustrating problem, can anybody offer a solution?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 03:22 PM
    We have some wonderful people here that know a lot about cars and trucks. Your question may get noticed more by these people if you post it here : https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-trucks/

This section is for introducing yourself. But by the way, welcome and enjoy! :)
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Sounds like a classic Honda main relay problem, when it gets hot inside the car. Then, printed circuit board cold solder joints expand and fail to conduct electricity. Simply replace the relay:

Zip Code Entry at PartsAmerica.com

It's located left of the steering column.

Turning ignition key on and off will help you locate the main relay, by allowing you to hear and feel it "click." Main relays often have 7 wires going to them.

If the problem persists, reading sections A and B below should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

1988 honda accord lx not starting [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I have a 1988 honda accord lx, I recently drove it and when I got back into the car to leave all the car would do is make a clicking sound. (and it is not the battery it is getting power), I took off the starter and had it tested at autozone and it was fine so does anyone have any idea on what...

1990 Honda Accord not starting. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Honda Accord LX and just recently it stopped running. When ever I try to start it all it does is just turn over. And I don't believe I have spark either. Now I have already took a quick look online and the most common fixes are Fuses, Main Relay, Igniter, Ignition Coil. And I have...

Problem starting a honda 91 accord [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 91 honda accord that when you try to start it there is a tick tick tick noise. I had the starter checked and they said it was fine. I can sometimes start it in nuetral. It will also sometimes start in park. Any ideas on what it might be

85 Honda Accord LX starting problems [ 8 Answers ]

I have an 85 Accord LX, carburated. Car began stopping intermitently. Now won't start at all. No spark from Coil. Seems to be getting fuel. Won't even fire on starting fluid. Replaced Coil. Replaced distributer with 2 different used carburators. 12volts to + and - side of coil with key on. When key...

View more questions Search