Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    almathor Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Selling a car
    I have someone interested in buying my used car. I need to know how to handle the money transaction and car title. Do we need to sign the car title in front of a witness (like a currency exchange) ? Don't I need a copy to show proof that I sold the car? What about the money? Do I make some kind of receipt?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2007, 02:26 PM
    First and above all, all of the paper work should say "as is" "no warranty expressed or implyed" That way a month from now they don't come back for 3000 in repairs on the car.

You want to have a bill of sale, you will sign it, and they will sign it. They get a copy and you get a copy, This is proof you sold them the car, in case they don't register it and have an accident or something.

I would require cash, nothing else, there are fake certified checks, a lot of bad checks. You can meet at their bank or your bank and get all of the paperwork notorised ( all banks have this service)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buy Another Car or Use Existing Car 'til It Runs No More [ 7 Answers ]

Please help me resolve a debate with my husband. I am a first time car owner. I bought a new Jeep in 8/04 for $23,600. I put $5K down on the purchase + my loan is for 60 months. I would like to trade in the liberty before it gets too old + has too many miles on it. Does it make better sense to...

Car Loan and Car Title - Minnesota Law [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My fiancé and I recently bought a car on a Saturday. We live in Minnesota. At first, the finance guy at the car dealership told us the financing will be done through Wells Fargo. After spending close to 4 hours at there and hearing it was a reputable bank that we both bank through -- we...

Selling a car [ 2 Answers ]

How do I sell my car that I still owe money. Just 800.00 but want sell to get a new auto

Selling/buying a car to/from a private party [ 3 Answers ]

I really appreciate if anybody can help me by answering the following... 1) When you sell a car to a private party, what do you need to do? > a)Do you just need to sign on the title and give it to the buyer? > b)Do you need to go to a office to cancel the registration/tag/license plate? >...

Selling car to spouce [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to sell my truck to my husband. We live in North Carolina. Is there any laws against this?

View more questions Search