Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HarisMic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Replacing a Nordyne Thermostat for a Hunter 44260 Wiring!
    I'm having issues,

I want to replace my old thermostat for this digital one however, I'm not sure on the wiring.

On the Nordyn I had,

Y
    G
    R
    O
    C
    W2 jumpered with E

Following the instructions I wired it the following (I removed Jumper from RH to RC)
    Y to Y1
    G to G
    R to RH
    O to Y/O
    C is taped up and not used
    W2 to W/B
    Space RC is not used

This did nothing, nothing turned on when I set the system to Cool and the Fan to auto and set the temp 5degrees cooler. I waited 10mins just in case of the delay but nothing so this has to be wrong.

All answers really appriciated!
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Put jumper from RH to RC .
    HarisMic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Now is this all I need to do? Everything else is wired up right?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Yes
    lloydb82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 06:30 AM
    http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/pdf-misc/603274.pdf

Two stage heating
    Look on the back of the hunter thermostat and you will see a switch that will say std or HP. Switch it to STD. all should work well now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter Thermostat Wiring [ 8 Answers ]

It seems we are all having trouble with the Hunter 44110. I just moved into a house and I'm trying to install my programmable thermostat. I'm going from a Simple Comfort 2001 with a green, yellow, white, blue and red set up as G Y W C R I'm confused as do I use the jumper wire in Rh and...

Hunter Thermostat wiring [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I seem to have "developed" a problem tonight. I just removed my old manual thermo and labeled the wiring accordingly. It looked the heat hot came into a spot labeled "4". Then it was jumpered to Rc. So when I hooked up the Hunter programmable 44360, there was already a jumper between Rc and...

Hunter thermostat wiring? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 25 y/o unit, one part of furnace in the attic and a outside unit all electric The outside says magic chef The old thermostat is a honeywell with the following wiring: Wire color ----------position Green G Red RC also jumpers to RH...

Wiring question replacing Honeywell thermostat w/Hunter [ 0 Answers ]

I am replacing an old standard Honeywell thermostat (model T8034C) with a Hunter programmable digital model 44110. I have a 5-wire system. The wires are color coded and the Honeywell labels match the wire colors. Those are: White, Yellow, Green, Orange, and Red. THe only labels on the...

View more questions Search