Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Petamia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 04:28 AM
    Asd does my daughter have it?
    I have been worried for a long time, my daughter spent her first 3 years screaming with a high pitch and (a pitch I have never heard.. ) and I really thought it was normal, even if I never saw any other children doing the same thing.. but now my daughter is 4 and she does not scream as much - but still cannot cope when I buy milk with the wrong coloured lid. (in the past this would have caused 3 hours screaming).. so we have progressed.. but now she can cope with different coloured towels.. always colours.. and as I am a single mum, I have always blamed myself.. WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG??
    I have looked through an ASD check list and my daughter is a classic asd child, but how do I really know if it is me or just the way she is?? I want to talk to other mothers of 5 year old daughters and then I will know.. I hope it is not bad parenting.. I am just at my wits end, as really I cannot understand why she cracks up and does not even look at people she talks to every day if she sees them at the shops, and ignores all friends? Does not say hello, will literally look the other way.
    Why is this??
    Okay I need answers and help..
    Thanks..
    Peta:eek: :rolleyes: :D :) ;) :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2007, 05:59 AM
    And in 4 years what has your doctor said about all of this??
    Petamia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 02:43 PM
    To be honest I have not seen a doctor specifically about whether she has ASD or not. I guess she displays as a perfect child when at the doctors and I often feel it is in my own head.
    She does have severe allergies (life threatening to all nuts & eggs) and allergic to many other products; wheat, soy, milk.. but not life threatening - so my other thought was some sort of behavioural response to foods she is allergic to.

I do need to see a doctor about dealing with behavioural issues - be it ASD or just bad parenting, as obviously some strategies would help.
    Thanks,
    Peta
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Well only you know if it is bad parenting, but I believe a good medical and counseling for the child. Then you will know for sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

How to help my daughter? [ 5 Answers ]

My Daughter is eight years old and in a very bad situation her mother is not taking proper care of her. She sometimes forgets to feed her before school. My Daughter is talking with a social worker. Is this A good thing? I had her in in counseling but could not afford to keep it going. Her mother...

My Daughter... [ 9 Answers ]

Isla Elizabeth - Born 17 Dec 2006, 3am, weighing 5 pounds 12 oz - perfectly health. She is now 3 weeks old and weighing over 7 pounds and is a right littlr character. Pete and I have been back together for a couplr of months now - he was there for the birth and isla and I are now living...

My daughter [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I am a mother with 2 kids. My daughter is 13 years old but small for her age. She only weighs about 80 lbs. and small chested. I believe some kids at school make fun of her. We live in a asmall town but most of her friends are bigger and more developed. Do have any advice about how she can...

My 5 Yr. OLd Daughter [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is 5 and in kindergarten. She has said she has kissed 2 boys from pre-k and talks about boyfriends. She always checks her privates out and even touches herself and smells it. She talks about boobs buttholes and penis's. She said she seen a penis sticking out of a photo and I looked at...

View more questions Search