Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nickyblinks Posts: 43, Reputation: 4

Aug 11, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Dating vs. serious relationship
    I need some help...
    What exactly is the difference between a serious relationship and dating
    What is allowed and what isn't allowed when your only dating someone?
    When your only looking to date, do you straight out tell the person first?:confused:
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2007, 06:57 AM
    There are really no answers to your questions. Everybody has their own ideas and opinions on the matter. Ultimately you have to do what is comfortable and acceptable to you.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickyblinks
    i need some help...
    what exactly is the difference between a serious relationship and dating :
    Dating is just going out with someone for a good time. Relationship is going out with someone for more then a good time and depending on them for more then a couple hours a week.

what is allowed and what isnt allowed when ur only dating someone?
    I guess those rules are up to you. However if you have a date with someone you probably shouldn't break it unless something extremely important comes up. You also shouldn't be flirting with other people if your on a date with someone.

when your only looking to date, do you straight out tell the person first?:confused:
    Probably a good idea.
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Aug 12, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Dating could just be a fling.. a passing phase... Relationship is somewhat towards the more serious side... ideally relationships are meant to be kept, but I can see there is nothing called relationship now... all that has been coined under dating now... sad though!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 12, 2007, 07:30 AM
    You date to have fun and get to know someone, and when that interest grows mutually, then you become exclusive and start to know intimately each others lives, and boundaries, and if your really compatible then you work together, and build a happy life. Honesty is very important in the early stages of dating, as when one wants more than the other, it causes problems.

Aug 12, 2007, 07:25 PM
    What about if I'm only looking to date and not make it into a relationship. Does that still mean I can kiss or hold hands?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 07:38 PM
    wat about if im only looking to date and not make it into a relationship. does that still mean i can kiss or hold hands?

Yes. You can still do that when you date someone.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 12, 2007, 07:44 PM
    As long as your honest and not playing with someone's feelings you can do what you want. On the flip side don't expect him to be exclusive to you and not date others. Unrealistic, and unfair.

Aug 12, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Thankss and no I don't want any feelings involved

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship [ 15 Answers ]

My friend is dating this guy I like. Their off and on dating would if they broke up for good should I go head and ask or wait. lovequestioner

Relationship [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend just broke up, he told me for the last two months it's been nothing but arguments and he feels that mybe we should step back and be friends and if it's meant for us to get back together then it will happen. He told me abfter talking for a some time he would call back but didn't,...

View more questions Search