Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Aug 11, 2007, 09:03 PM
    Drifting Alone.
    Well, this past week I've lost a lot. My boyfriend, and my best friend.

Well, my boyfriend left me for my best friend. And it's depressing. The two people who said 'forever'. But that's life. I just have no one to turn to about this now, because I would always turn to them, but they just... left.

Time heals everything. It's just the process which is killing me. Does anyone have any good ideas/tips to help me get my mind off all this?

Thank you in advance.

XOXO
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Aug 11, 2007, 10:15 PM
    Whenever I feel hurt, being surrounded by people that truly cares for me honestly speeds up the healing process ;)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2007, 11:14 PM
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Of course, your better off without them. I think it is important to cling to family right now. Also get out there and start volunteer work and start a new hobby and I am sure that eventually these feelings of being alone will go away and you will become a happier person knowing that you're a strong person on your own and you will feel great knowing that your doing something for yourself and for others in your community. I am not sure of your beliefs but prayer and meditation is a great way to get your mind to focus on the healing process.

Joe
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2007, 01:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Of course, your better off without them. I think it is important to cling to family right now. Also get out there and start volunteer work and start a new hobby and I am sure that eventually these feelings of being alone will go away and you will become a happier person knowing that your a strong person on your own and you will feel great knowing that your doing something for yourself and for others in your community. I am not sure of your beliefs but prayer and meditation is a great way to get your mind to focus on the healing process.

Joe
    I know that it hurts and that you have real reasons to hurt. I do agree with the answers above to just get out there and start doing things as well as surrounding yourself with those that you know whom you can trust.

I know that you know the positive and affirming choices that you can make for your life. You know how to do it. It's just really hard when you have been "burned" by others.

You can turn these "scars into stars" because you are a strong person. You will rise again, and above the blows that you have been dealt. You can do this because you already know the choices that you have to make in order to overcome what has happened.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Oh what a horrible situation. I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you. You should focus on the fact that two horrible people have left your life. I imagine their negativity and ugly thoughts were clouding your world. The only thing you can do now is thank your lucky stars that the world showed you these peoples true colors.

As for healing I agree with everyone else. Connect with family and relish in the love and support that they can provide. Find something that feeds you and makes you happy whether it be going shopping, reading a book or meditating. Find a way to make you feel good.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Aside from seeking love from others, why not give some of it away and maybe do a little volunteering, anything is helpful, it boosts you to the fullest and you never know what is around the corner... You can use the time you would have spent with these two people with people that really need you. Turning Scars to Stars, I just love it! I am sorry.
    If you want I could Rap you a song my sweet..
    chris_in_orbit Posts: 21, Reputation: 8

Aug 13, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Honestly, closure is the most important thing right now. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the above statements but gee wiz someone you called your best friend did that to you? Closure means a lot of different things for many different people. For me, I wait until things settle down a bit and try to find out why it happened so that I can move on and not have to think about it anymore, some people might not find that helpful though.
    Taking your mind off something is only a temporary fix. You need to do something that will wipe your mind of it so it won't haunt you again in the long run. Things like this can damage a persons pride and love life if not taken care of. I wish you all the best and I hope you know you are better off without them.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Aug 13, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Sweetie, play some Elvis, and Roy Orbison, cry, a lot! I would. Then get out and be with people having fun. Don't let a bad yesterday ruin your tomorrow. Who knows... you may meet a true best friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drifting with a front wheel drive car [ 21 Answers ]

Hi everyone... I drive a 93' toyota great corolla. I'm wondering, is it possible to drift using a front wheel drive car like mine? If it is, can anyone tell me how to do it... Thanks for your answers...

Drifting apart [ 12 Answers ]

Threads merged I am 27 and I have been in a relationship for 5 months with a women that I was absolutely crazy about. We got along great, had lots of laughs, shared our deepest darkest secrets with each other, I thought everything was fine. About a month ago she started acting funny, she seemed...

View more questions Search