Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2005, 04:37 PM
    Computer systems
    What is the difference between a computer system and a business information system
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Aug 17, 2005, 01:03 AM
    I would say that any computer system that is capable of managing that particular business's requirements (both hardware and software wise) is a business information system.

The size and complexity of this system depends on the business. A self employed person with a staff of 1 may well be satisfied with an old pentium 1 with some kind of word processor and spreadsheet to manage their business on. Likewise someone like IBM or Microsoft will have systems that span continents.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2005, 07:24 AM
    Computer Systems
    Hi,
    Good answer by Stu.
    You can research this subject using google.com, typing in what you want to find. It will take awhile checking out all the links you will find.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 17, 2005, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisy
    what is the difference between a computer system and a business information system
    Stu gave you a good answer, but context might have a bearing on this. If you would supply the context that the terms were used in, it might help to delineate them better.

One of the differences may be in the difference between software and hardware. A business information system usually refers to software used on a computer system to manage business processes. A computer system could be anything from a single PC to a large network.

But I would say that a BIS is a computer system, but a computer system may not be a BIS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Systems [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I have a huge algebra projcet due... and it is on Systems.. I have no idea what to do.. :confused: Here's what I have came up with for a question John Allen averages 16 points per game, his season consists of 8 weeks, 3 gfames per week Johns cousin Steve averages 12 points a game,his...

2 operating systems [ 3 Answers ]

I have windows 2000, then I installed xp and now have both os when I start up.How do I uninstall 2000? I've read some posts and am not clear on what u mean by formatting. I'm not very experience and need help. Thank you .

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

I have 2 operating systems? HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

I reinstalled my windows xp professional. When the computer boots, it asks me which operating system to start from? I always pick the first one because it is the reinstalled xp. How can I get rid of it asking me that questions? This happened to me before but I forget how to do it.

View more questions Search