Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whitebirch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2007, 12:13 AM
    Missed Connection at Frankfurt Airport
    I am travelling from San Francisco to Kolkata via Frankfurt on a single return ticket at Kolkata. My United Air flight UA900 arrives at 9.45 AM and Lufthansa Flight LH750 for Kolkata departs at 10.30 AM. United flight as observed by me online arrives usually at Gates between C6 to C11 and Lufthansa Flight departs from gate B52... B58. I have no experience of travelling on International Flights. I have following questions in mind:

1. If my United flight arrives late then whome I should contact for rebooking, Food and hotel accmodation because next Lufthansa Flight departs from Frankfurt on alternate day?

2. How I can arrive at B hall from C hall faster any route guidance?

3. Will I need to go through another security check that takes long time to clear due to long line of passengers?

I will be thankfull to all those guide me properly.
    natetheskate Posts: 56, Reputation: 0

Aug 11, 2007, 01:07 AM
    Are you still in contact with the original agent
    natetheskate Posts: 56, Reputation: 0

Aug 11, 2007, 01:08 AM
    As you realize all this info can be found on the web
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2007, 08:27 PM
    If your plane is running late, let the steward/ess know you have a connecting flight. Depending on how late you are running they might hold the plane for you (MIGHT!). If your flight is delayed at landing and it is the fault of the airline, typically they will book you on a later flight (if there is one) or put you up in a hotel for the night. This will only be at their expense if you miss your flight because THEY are running late - if you miss it because YOU don't get to the gate in time, it's not their problem. You can still contact any of the agents for the airline for rebooking and suggestions for hotels, etc. There might be fees for changing your flight, keep this in mind.

I haven't been to Frankfurt in years, and when I went I was staying and it was pre-9/11, so I don't know what the security guidelines are. You will probably have to go through customs when you land in Germany, but they might (MIGHT!) have a "continuing" area where you go right to the gates. If you have to go through customs you might also have to re-enter the gates terminal and go back through security - it all depends on the airport layout and their policies. I'm sorry, I just don't know for sure. If you used a travel agent when you booked this flight, contact him/her and ask. Either way, you might want to try and re-book your flight to allow more layover time. You are cutting it really close with only having 45 minutes. Even if you land on time and don't have go through customs, you still have to de-plane and get to the next terminal. De-planing alone can take 30mins depending on where on the plane you are sitting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frankfurt parliament [ 1 Answers ]

What were the two options at the Frankfurt Parliament for German unity?

Airport mishap [ 10 Answers ]

I was taking an airline when the plane was delayed. After it arrived and we boarded, the stewardesses gave their safety speech, the plane sat along time on the tar mat and then we were that the airplane had mechanical problems and would have to be repaired. Another plane was brought in and...

History: The Frankfurt Parliament [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Some said that the frankfurt parliament was a turning point for the german unification. I've no ideas on it. What do you think? Thanks!

The frankfurt parliament [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Some said that the frankfurt parliament was a turning point for the german unification. I've no ideas on it. What do you think? Thanks!

View more questions Search