Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedHondaHelp Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

Aug 16, 2005, 09:19 AM
    Microwaving veggies - do they lose vitamins?
    I read awhile ago that microwaving frozen veggies robs them of their nutrients and vitamins. Is this true?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2005, 06:55 AM
    Microwave
    Hi,
    You can do some research if you like, using http://www.google.com, typing in "microwave effects on vegatables", without quotes, then click on Search.
    You will find many links on the subject.
    Microwaving should not remove anything except water, which comes off as steam.
    A microwave heats by heating moisture in the vegatables, or anything else placed in the microwave.
    Any vitamins, minerals, etc, lost, isn't lost in the Microwave. It's lost in the water when frozen veggies are cooked on the stove in water.
    Just how much is lost on the stove is the big question!
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    NeedHondaHelp Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

Aug 22, 2005, 12:45 PM
    Thanks, Fredg!
    That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the response!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2005, 06:03 AM
    Microwave
    Hi,
    You are quite welcome. You can still do some research online by using a search engine site, like mama.com; google.com; dogpile.com, etc.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    Shidoshi Posts: 71, Reputation: 4

Sep 12, 2005, 12:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedHondaHelp
    I read awhile ago that microwaving frozen veggies robs them of their nutrients and vitamins. Is this true?
    I heard that regular cookind does that and not microwaves. The microwaves are only causing friction in your food cells and thus, making them hot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vitamins to enhance arousal [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for vitamins that will enhance sexual arousal. I have researched on the internet and found Gingko, Damiana, Vitamin E, and zinc. I was wondering if there are any more that I haven't found. Also, if anyone knows more about loss of sexual desire and how to fix it, please let me know. ...

Dr. James or Vitamins USA [ 15 Answers ]

I would like to know if Dr. James caps are available in USA. I know we have to get them from Phi. Is it cheaper to get Dr. James from Phil than buying Glutathione caps in USA? Are there any Dr. James users who I can pool with to get caps to save money I shipping and all? Thanks

Which Vitamins promote healing? [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if you could tell me which Vitamins or Supplements are known to promote healing?

Nutrition/Vitamins [ 17 Answers ]

I'm a very picky eater.. and I don't get enough iron or vitamins.. and I don't like to eat meat that much.. and I've been getting really dizzy.. and I've had to give blood because I almost fainted.. and I keep on getting really dizzy when I get up or when I start walking around.. and I'm not sure...

Shelf life of vitamins [ 1 Answers ]

What is the "shelf life" of vitamin E, also of "Omega-3" capsules? Is it, can it be useful or harmful to take same after expiry date of one year or more? Many thanks !

View more questions Search