Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 06:40 AM
    I love the name Rachel I think it's a very pretty and sophisticated name. Of course its no fun for a teenager but go with a fun nickname and go from there. My name is Rebekah and when I was in high school everyone would call me "B" which I liked MUCH better.

If chick is your nickname then go with that - I think that's a cool nickname
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Why they called you "B"?
    Not "G"?:D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 14, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Rachael is a very beautiful name. I guess that's why I named my daughter that :D . Although hers is spelled quite differently. She goes by Rae though, pronounced Ray.

At least your parents didn't name you something like Moon Unit or Dweezle :eek: .
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Rachael translated in Chinese can mean " gorgerous autumn".:)
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Aug 14, 2007, 08:46 AM
    RACHAEL!! NO ONe likes their name when they are your age!! We all think our names suck. I know I did. DESTINY? UMM NO! That is more like a stage name. NO offense to anyone. But if your name isn't already Destiny, than it isn't supposed to be. Why do you dislike yourself so much? I know you said you are outgoing, have a pretty smile and you have mentioned a few good qualities, so you know you aren't a terrible person.
    Now, the fact that your name is a terrible reminder is another story. I think you should keep your name, as a reminder of how strong you are in the face is such struggle and adversity. Maybe use a nickname, Just Rae. That is cute and so are you. Whatever people say to bring you down, only works if you let it. Do not allow other people to control the way you feel or how you think about yourself. You have the power, don't give it away to others. I wish I could take care of you myself. You seem like such a beautiful young girl. My daughter just turned eleven and she doesn't have the life experience that you have had, but look what it has brought out of you. You have the ability and the gift of writing, acting and being very social. Be proud of all of that, stop thinking you have to change. YOu just need to change who you spend your time with and who you allow to bring you down. IT is hard to let go of negative people when they have a hold on you, but you have to tell yourself good things about you, EVERY TIME you look in the mirror. I can and will remind you to do that.
    Whenever I was fighting with a friend or feeling bad about myself, my dad would make me sit down and write ten things that I like about myself. Maybe you should start a list for yourself. OK RAE??
    XxXscarsXxX Posts: 166, Reputation: 8

Aug 14, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Hehe. You you guys are right!~ maybe I should stick with my name.

Iuts rfeally funny because everyone has a different nickname for me so I will usually look at any name.. hehe I'm used to chick, rachi, rach, oh and my worst... rachi-poo.. unno like winnie the poo? You ahhh! I hate it but all the teachers call me it.
    Ugh. LOL you but thanks for the advice!

Aug 14, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Okay thanks. You people call me rea too. And I'm not saying rachael iz a bad name but after like having it for so long it gets annoying.. and your right, girls at my age do get anoyed of their names..
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Aug 14, 2007, 02:35 PM
    I love my name I went through a phase where I was like OMG krista what a gay name! But now I love it there are worse names out there. BTW I have never in my life meet a rachel who wasn't nice or good looking.. oh and do you asy your name like rA-ch-elle because you could pronounce your name different to if you don't like it more french like rO-ch-elle
    oddgirlout Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Chloe, Roxy, Liesl (eh more preppy but I like it), Jules, I can probably think of more. My favorites though are Roxy and Chloe.

Aug 14, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Hey winnie the pooh is amazing!! I'm from winnipeg MB and that's where winnie the poos name came from oh and so did the solder that found the bear( that later went into a zoo and was named whinnie by a little boy -hence the sories and t.v. shows) I love eeyore the best
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 15, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by XxXscarsXxX
    hehe. ya you guys are right!~ maybe i should stick with my name.

iuts rfeally funny because everyone has a different nickname for me so i will usually look at any name.. hehe im used to chick, rachi, rach, oh and my worst.... rachi-poo.. unno like winnie the poo? ya ahhh! i hate it but all the teachers call me it.
    ugh. LOL ya but thanx for the advice!
    My boyfriend calls me rachie poo I think it's cute lol. It's your name so deal with it. I didn't always like my name being rachel either but it is and it could be worse. Your name could be worse I met a girl named nausea (pronounced na seea) Just think about being named something like that.

Aug 15, 2007, 02:17 PM
    I think the most beautiful name I ever heard was from a girl in my grade 5 class, a beautiful native american girl named rain sky. Kind of sounds nice don't it! Worst name I've ever heard it, ana ,because its so boring

Aug 15, 2007, 02:39 PM
    There's this girl with the name Cupcake.. if you think your name is bad.. try imagining having her name!

Aug 15, 2007, 05:18 PM
    OoOoOo

O_O

Aug 15, 2007, 05:20 PM
    LOL! When I was little I used to watch winnie the poo all the time! Haha..

I love eeyore! And tigger.. but I love eeyore!

Aug 16, 2007, 12:59 PM
    I think candy would be a bad name that's a stripper name lol no offence to anyone with that name. I have so much eeyore stuff! Lol 2 plushies, a bobble head like 5 posters lol I'm crazy! I had an extange student from holland once and apparently in hollend on the winnie the poo show there, eeyore isn't as depressed on the american/canadian version lol

Aug 16, 2007, 05:53 PM
    my mom's name was Candi.. it wasn't that bad lol
    Ging1994 Posts: 190, Reputation: 9

Aug 17, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Your lucky I was named Ginger that's not that bad but then I was given a last name of short ginger short that's a horrible name I want to change it I can't wait till I get maried its nice to have a normal name not very many things they can say bad about it
    meandbilliejoeforever Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 04:33 PM
    I say your name should be kitt or jessica. Or jess.
    sarhbear201 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Aug 18, 2007, 11:21 PM
    I think you should seriously think about this before you act on it... its Your name... it may be boring but its yours!! Your parents named you it for a reason... you also should think about whether those people that make fun of your name are really your friends and if they are only making fun of it because you tell them its boring? Changing your name is a big step and probably would be really hard to achieve successfully because everyone will still remember you as rachel...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search