Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confusedinlove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 05:24 PM
    What is my boyfriend thinking?
    My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship for 2 months but have known each other as acquaintances for a year and a half. He just recently told me that he loves me and I feel the same way for him. But every once and a while he will say random statements about us that seem to come out of no where. Such as 'your tired of me' when I told him that I want him to start coming up with ideas for us to do when he's home because every idea that I have he doesn't want to do. When he says things like this I'm not sure of he wants the reassurance of me saying that I do love him and that If I was sick of him I wouldn't be making an effort to visit him once or twice a week. (He lives and hour and a half north of me and has just recently graduated for Marquette and I still have 2 more years of college). I know I love him and every time Im with him Im the happiest. I told him that he's the part of the week that I look forward to. I don't want to set myself up to get heart broken by someone who is unsure of us.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 05:31 PM
    He may just be insecure and feel like your statements are a direct insult to him. The next time he says something like that I would just say to him "what makes you think thats how I feel? You know I love you and our relationship is important to me. When you make statements like that it hurts my feelings and makes me think that you feel I don't value you". See what comes after that.

Any chance he's been betrayed or tossed aside by past girlfriends?
    confusedinlove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 05:53 PM
    The insecurity makes sense to me. But he's been in only 4 relationships other than ours. He dated one of my friends(ex) for about a month and dumped her (apparently because she wasn't intelligent enough) and she told me that she dumped him because of all the girls that were calling him but I really don't believe that because no girls that I don't know call his phone. But as far as I know he has never been dumped.

I had dinner with his parents a few weekends ago and noticed that his dad was distant with him, his mom and me, but his mom was very friendly. Im wondering if his relationship with his dad has anything to do with how he embrasses others.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 06:06 PM
    If I was in your shoes I would chalk it up to insecurity and try to find the root of it. I would not make it into an argument just a conversation. Clearly it upsets you when he acts this way so I would be honest and open with him. You guys have been friends long enough I'm sure its not difficult to talk to him about these sorts of things. Best of luck to you :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is he thinking [ 4 Answers ]

It me again!! So my ex and I are close and than last night I text messaged him and just you no the basic hey what's up and than he text me back about an hour later and than we exchanged the usuall how was work,what you doing, how was your day!! You no the basics well his answers were not seeming...

What is he thinking? [ 10 Answers ]

I have this guy friend who I have known for five years... we are best friends, share everything with each other (no secrets), enjoy each others company more than anything else... but we only really do stuff alone together... whenever I invite him out with my friends he says that he is too shy and...

What is she thinking? [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend of three months dumped me by way of text message a few days ago. She said that she needed to grow spiritually and also get her weight and self-esteem under control. She is 21 and I am 20. I felt that she was very cold about the break-up. She is usaually very emotional about...

What is he really thinking? [ 1 Answers ]

There is this guy I always like and he always had a girlfriend. I work with his mother and recently he came into the office and subtly dropped the hint that him and his girlfriend recently broke up. A week later he called me to ask if I was going out, we met up and were talking and hang out for...

View more questions Search