Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tran2100 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 03:28 PM
    Freon Pressure
    Would someone tell me what is the freon pressure reading on the guauges shoul be OK for 92 honda prelude? Thanks so large
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 04:05 PM
    You will see about 30 lbs. suction and maybe 150 to 175 lbs. head at 1000 rpm's
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2007, 05:22 PM
    At 86 degrees F, coming from the center vent, and engine rpm of 1,500, intake pressure should be around 57 psi and delivery pressure should be around 213 psi.

At 77 degrees F, the numbers should be 43 psi and 142 psi.
    gstanley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 05:48 PM
    I have a 1996 Dodge 1500 4x4 360. My air conditioner is blowing hot air. Freon is good. But I have notice that the compressor kicks in and out every 8 to 10 sec. .

thank you
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2007, 06:03 PM
    gstanley, you may need to replace the Thermostatic Expansion Valve (TXV). If you do, you should also replace the Receiver/Dryer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freon capacity [ 9 Answers ]

How many pounds of freon does it take to charge a 3 ton unit? Thanks, Don

Compressor panels too dirty to measure freon pressure? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having problems with my A/C unit. A service technician came to My house, looked at the compressor unit, and told me the panels Were full of debris that he couldn't accurately measure the freon Pressure. He asked to clean the panel for $89, which did not Include the service call, another ...

A/c freon pressures [ 5 Answers ]

My a/c unit is not cooling correctly,unit runs all night and cools somewhat,I belie=ve the pressure is low,what should be the readings on low & high side tubing.

Freon [ 2 Answers ]

How can determine if I have enough Freon in the system? Someone told me if coolant pipe is not very cold then there is not enough Freon. Is it true? TG

How much Freon [ 2 Answers ]

How much freon (R19) should be used to fill a home A/C unit. I need to replace the evaporator and must dischrage the system and refill it.

View more questions Search