Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meme1960 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 03:24 PM
    The bosses
    I work at a junior high school and the assistant principal has always had it out for me and now have convinced the principal that I'm bad news. The vice has only been there six or seven years as an administrator and I've been there 20, she is much older than I. The principal is not in our part of the building. She is more in charge of our end of the building. My question is what can I do if the asst. principal tells the other co workers everything I have a question, make a comment, or talk to her in private about anything?After talking to her, the next today all her friends. The secretary, teacher assistant, another teacher, etc. are all walking around me not speaking or pitching hints about something I've said in private. Should'nt an administrator be discreet?
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Aug 10, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Are you a teacher? I wouldn't say squat to her, and do your job to the best of your ability. Don't tell her anything. Just answer what is asked of you.

XenoSapien
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Who evaluates you and what does your evaluation say? School/office politics kills a lot of people, stay out of it and just follow Xenos advice.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 04:18 PM
    I do not wish to offend anyone, as I have been accused of doing in posts outside of my specialties.
    But it sounds to me like she may be threatened by your success, and is trying to hide her shortcomings by pointing out anything and EVERYTHING she can about you in a negative manner. Just keep on doing your job and you may want to find a new "friend" to confide in, although it sounds as though it is going to be a hard road to travel for you, but do not transfer to another school, I think that is what she (the running her mouth friend) really wants so she removes her threat, You.
    Also as I learned that my opions offended some people, I also learned that all caps are suppose to be yelling on the internet. Well I am NEW to this, and now I have to try and find out what by the way, I think that was the letters used is supposed to mean.

Aug 10, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XenoSapien
    Are you a teacher? I wouldn't say squat to her, and do your job to the best of your ability. Don't tell her anything. Just answer what is asked of you.

XenoSapien
    Thank you! I keep my distance now for her and the rumor is going around I don't like any of them.

Aug 10, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Who evaluates you and what does your evaluation say? School/office politics kills a lot of people, stay out of it and just follow Xenos advice.

The principal evaluates me and my evaluations are great because I do my job.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Meme, that is what I am trying to tell you is that this other co worker, is threatened by you. Watch your back. If she figures out that you are on to her and she has no new gossip to tell on you, that you have confided in her with, she may begin to make some things up that could be harmful. If you have a good relationship, and I mean professionally before anyone jumps to conclusions and tries to add to what I am saying, go to them and have a frank and to the point talk with them and ask them that if they hear any rumors that they do not think is true to come to you and discuss them with you privately. And if there is a strong professional relationship there, they will probably never come to you and just let it go in one ear and out the other.
    Good luck.
    Keep teaching and all will be fine.

Aug 10, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOWERMAN2468
    meme, that is what i am trying to tell you is that this other co worker, is threatened by you. watch your back. if she figures out that you are on to her and she has no new gossip to tell on you, that you have confided in her with, she may begin to make some things up that could be harmful. if you have a good relationship, and i mean professionally before anyone jumps to conclusions and tries to add to what i am saying, go to them and have a frank and to the point talk with them and ask them that if they hear any rumors that they do not think is true to come to you and discuss them with you privately. and if there is a strong professional relationship there, they will probably never come to you and just let it go in one ear and out the other.
    good luck.
    keep teaching and all will be fine.
    I believe you and it has already happened but I can't she did it for sure. Most of the teacher are new. I afraid if I say something to them they will tell somebody and will get
    To her and then comes all the rude behavior

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search