Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1queen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Dating/seeing a professional athlete
    I've been dating or should I say I've been seeing a professional athlete on and off for a little over a year. And I guess I'm getting little mixed messages... (And I know everyone is saying of course you are)... or maybe I just want a little more? He is sooo sweet we get along well together and every time we are to gether we have a blast. I guess the thing is, that he is very romantic, when we are together he puts the candles around the tub we have a glass of champagne... nice dinners, carnivals. When I see I'm out in our common stumpin grounds he he'll give me a kiss and recognizes my presents... But after I see him and we've had a nice day or evening together I might not see him again for a week sometimes two. I text him a few times a weeks sometimes once or two a day and he replies to some... sometimes he may not respond to a text for a week. But its crazy if I complain in the text he will respond right away with his apologies and say that he has been busy which is some what understandable, however it only takes one sec. to send a text or to place a phone call. Now if I say out of fustration that I'm moving on and I'm not going to be committed to what ever this is any longer he will all of a sudden becomes free and wants to see me right away he will go out of his way to change his schedule... but the weirdest thing is that from time to time I get an anonymous text from a out of state phone number asking questions like: Do I have a boyfriend, am I just with one person, when the last time I've had s*x. But he doesn’t know that I know that it’s him that's texting me ;) I just play along... lol... basically he's asking me questions that he may be afraid of asking me directly... or it's probably just a game! Who knows I know I don't! So what do you think do you think that he is interestes in me or just playing games****Oh he is 8 years younger than me!
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Aug 10, 2007, 04:15 PM
    Sounds like love to me. As a professional athlete, he must be busy; allow him to do what he's got to do, and be confident that he will contact you when he is not so busy.

Don't text him so much--see if he starts texting you because of it. This may stop these "out of town" phone #'s texting you. Take it in stride, it sounds like he's all about you.

XenoSapien
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 05:07 PM
    I think he is weird.:D

LOL, he thought u didn't know that was him

How old is he anyway?:)
    1queen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Yep, he has no clue that I no! I'm 30 and he is 23... WOW:eek:
    me-too Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 12:59 PM
    How did it turn out, queen?
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Mar 23, 2009, 03:11 PM

I've dated a professional athlete too and only for 2 months I might add. He was the same way. It was because he was seeing other people. He only kept me happy enough not to dump his a**. When I finally figured out his game all these truths about his faithfulness started coming out. I couldn't blame him though, beautiful women were always throwing themselves at him. If he can only respond when your mad that mean every other texts he sees from you he just ignores... and if you get out of state texts the'ir either other women wondering if he messes around with you too or him wondering if your sleeping around too.

I'm not saying all professional athletes are bad but I am saying that their life styles really prevent them from being faithful people. Either you can except that or not... It's your choice. But you'll never get a satisfying answer to why he ignores you sometimes... you'll just either have to trust that he's busy with practice and stuff or not give a da** if he's cheating.

This is why most professional athletes wife's have no job's and spend every waking moment figuring out and following there mans schedules so they don't get the oppurtunity to cheat.
    danielle2905 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 08:21 PM
    I believe that men are men. I have never dated an athele but, I have had someone with just as much money. I can't stand the attention that they get. I love the looks that the females give me because they wish it was them. I think that the man loves you and playing the cute games to get the truth out of you. I think it is kind of cute that he is playing the game to get your attention.
    danielle2905 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 08:22 PM

Also if you love him you will stick by him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a dating site for single professional w/no kids. [ 3 Answers ]

I am in my mid-40's and have no kids. Are there any dating sites or groups specifically geared toward single professionals w/ no kids? :confused:

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

How Can be a professional [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Shnaice. I am 14 years old going to the 9th grade. I want to become a pro in singing because this always been my dream I just don't know where to start. I like the idea of American Idol but I don't want to compete I want to make it another way. I'm trying to think of a good...

Most important athlete of all-time? [ 2 Answers ]

There was an interesting read in playboy's June issue where they interviewed Lance Armstrong, mentioning him as possibly being the most important athlete of all-time. I guess I never really thought of him like that before, but after reading through, this guy overcame 12 tumors, goes on to win the...

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search