Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elskeptico Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Install flashing around a window
    I've got a bathroom window (older house) that wasn't done right. There were no real attempts made to seal it. Most importantly, there's no flashing around it, and I was told that would need to be done. How would I install flashing without removing the window? Could I possibly slip it in there under and around the window?

I'm assuming it needs to go in between the window and the studs and bend around the outside siding. Could I just nail it flat all around the window and seal with silicone or something?
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Aug 10, 2007, 08:47 PM
    I Need To Know What Type Of Exterior You Have Brick, Viynl, Ect,,
    elskeptico Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Originally stucco, but the area around this window has all been removed, and it's now just a piece of plywood! Like I said, it wasn't done right. It's the very back of the house and no one will ever see it, so I can do whatever kind of exterior is easiest there.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Aug 11, 2007, 01:21 PM
    If the window has a nailing flange you can use flashing tape, you'll tape the bottom first, then the 2sides and then the top, making sure all the joints lap over each other.
    If you use metal flashing flash it the same way as the tape

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

Install molding over window frame into sheetrock [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to install trim molding around a window frame on the drywall or sheetrock. Should I use finishing nails and should I also glue the trim too?

Using flashing on a new tun install [ 1 Answers ]

I read a tip that you should use a flashing around the tub edge if you are installing a new tub. Has anyone ever done this or is this just extra fluff that isn't really needed.

Re-route vent below window to install sliding glass door [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a sliding glass door off the back of my house. It would be best to put it where I currently have a window. Only one problem, there is a vent centered directly below the window. Correct me if I am wrong, I have two options 1.) Move the vent off to the side of the sliding...

View more questions Search