Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amantonio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Credit card judgement
    I live in Delaware. I have some credit card judgements. Can they become liens on my house?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 10, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Its unlikely that unsecured debt can be used to place a lien on a personal residence. Even if that happens, they can't force a sale, it just means the liens would need to be satisfied before the house is sold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Card Judgement [ 5 Answers ]

I received a call yesterday from an attorney's office, although the person did not identify herself as to what the name of the attorney's office was that she was calling from. I have a credit card that I haven't paid in 6 months. I owed $3500 and am told now it is up to $4400. This person from the...

Credit Card Judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me and I am not able to work? What can I do?

Credit Card Judgement.what to do? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a large debt to 2 credit card companies totaling approximately $28,000. I ran into financial difficulty with my business (I owned numerous rental properties and lost 3 of them to foreclosure). Bottom line is I have not made a payment on this debt in well over a year. The two...

Judgement on credit card [ 3 Answers ]

If a judgement is placed against you for credit card debt how long does is last? Also can the law firm representing the credit card company(discover) take any personal property.. such as automobiles that are owned or your home The credit card is approx 6,000; and I don't have any means to pay or...

Credit card judgement [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has a credit card judgement against him. The company attempted to garnish his checking account - which has no money in it. He has attempted to contact them for 2 weeks to make payment arrangements. No one is returning his calls. What can he do next? Also can a credit card company...

View more questions Search