Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gitam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 02:19 AM
    Survival story - unknown title or author
    I am desparately trying to recall a novel I read in the 80's. It was about a man who I think survived a plane crash on a beach. He was alone and had to travel inland for quite a number of days. It was not on an island, I remember that much. The book was very descriptive about the survival methods the man had to use such as making an open-ended V tent in a forest, keeping himself warm in the cold forest without fire and trying to fish. And from what I remember he only had a couple of items ie pocket knife at his disposal. There is a pond/swamp nearby where he finally sets up base. One day I think a male stranger comes into his area and I think he has to hide from them. In a way it was like the story "My side of the mountain" in that it described the man's daily survival trials, however it was unfortunately not this book.I would be very appreciative of any information...thank you...:o
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Aug 10, 2007, 02:34 AM
    Could it be the Hatchet by Gary Paulsen?

Amazon.com: Hatchet: Books: Gary Paulsen
    Gitam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 02:56 AM
    Thank you so very much wizzkid89. You are most kind. Yes I think this is the book. And thank you also for the "links" to Amazon. I am only new to "surfing the net" and very much appreciate you going to the effort of including it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unknown Title or Author [ 10 Answers ]

I remember reading a book when I was around 11 about siblings whose parents die (I think) and the oldest (sister) is afraid of being separated, so they go on the run from authorities. She tries to keep them all fed and finds eggs to be the cheapest food to buy. Eventually they are found/caught...

Author/Title unknown [ 1 Answers ]

I read a novel years ago, where the story concerned a group of plane crash survivors who used scrap material from a nearby abandoned mine to construct medieval type weapons (trebuchet, crossbows, etc), to prevent a local militia from crossing a river to capture them. I initially believed it was...

View more questions Search