Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    help me79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 10:40 PM
    Laws on leaving Texas with my 10 month old baby
    My husband and I are thinking of getting a divorce. We live in Texas ( I have been there for a year and a half), but I am originally from California. I want to know what the laws are regarding moving to California with my son. If I am allowed to do this or not.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 12:13 AM
    Do it in your divorce decree.After your divorce it will be hard...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Yes as part of the child custody agreement and divorce paperwork you will need to have the give permission.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 10, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Just to clarify here, its not a matter of laws it's a matter of what you negotiate as part of the divorce. If your ex wants to maintain a relationship and have frequent visitation and custody rights, then it very possible he can block a move since that will make it more difficult for him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laws of Texas regarding terminating parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know if terminating parental rights are granted to non-custodial parent by law what are the responsibility after so. Has there been any new legislation in Texas for the parents who give up rights .

Judgement laws in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

Laws in Texas concerning judgements, on credit cards and auto repossession Is spouse held responsible for out standing debts of husband? Hl10

My two month old baby [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We a have a two month old baby and she has all of sudden developed a black spot on her tongue which appeared a week ago... what could it be?

Not invited to sister in laws baby shower! [ 8 Answers ]

We live very near and see my brother and sister in law frequently and although I will admit I do not care for her that has never been expressed to anyone but my husband and he feels the same. She is having a baby shower this weekend and as I was talking with my mother in law I asked what the...

View more questions Search