Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laksh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 10:08 PM
    Computer doesnot work at all
    Last night I shut down my computer properly, there was no power fluctuation/failure (there were no problem shutting down). And the next morning when I try to start my computer, it does not start. The SMPS fan and CPU fan are working fine. I have tested my CPU and RAM too on a friend's computer and it works fine. Even the led near the RAM slot is glowing. My PC configuration is as :
    Processor -intel p-iii 850mhz
    RAM : 128mb ram
    Please kindly give me a solution to this question
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 10, 2007, 06:52 AM
    If it's not the CPU or RAM, my next two guesses would be the Motherboard or the Video Card. First, if you have an onboard video cconnection and a video card, I would try both of them. Maybe a setting got changed in the bios and it's using the wrong one. Then, I would try clearing the CMOS on the motherboard (eith by the jumper, or take the battery out for a while and then put it back in). Then, try both video ports again.
    Megalomaniac Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 03:17 AM
    Before I can begin to troubleshoot your problem I need some more information.

Can you be more specific when you say that "it does not start"?

When you press the power button what happens? Does anything happen at all? Does the computer power up? If so, how far into the boot process does it get? Or does the screen stay blank? Does it produce a POST beep (one short beep being the "All is fine" signal).

There are a few dozen things I can think of causing this problem, so let's try to narrow it down and go from there =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ITunes songs erased/iPod won't work if hooked up to a computer [ 2 Answers ]

My sister has an iPod and we have iTunes on our computer. All the songs she had on her iPod were on iTunes, until recently. Now everything she had on iTunes is gone, and we don't know why that happened. Also, she can't add anything else to her iPod or hook it up to her computer or she'll lose all...

Hot Water doesnot work in Bathtub (but does in Shower) [ 4 Answers ]

The hot water does not work in any of my three bath tubs. It will start hot (130 degrees) but within 3 minutes the temperature is down to 70 degrees. The showers work that are connected to the bathtub, and all taps in the house have constant hot water. What could my issue be?

Personal computer as sole computer at work [ 1 Answers ]

I work for a non-profit which has a very low (almost non-existant) budget. When I started work, I agreed to use my personal laptop, which I had purchased about 2 years prior, as my work computer because they could not afford to provide the equipment I needed to do my job (marketing, PR, web...

View more questions Search