Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 09:29 PM
    How do you make a fascinator ?
    Can anyone help with instructions on how to make a feather fascinator please?
    Margie1950 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jacey
    Can anyone help with instructions on how to make a feather fascinator please?
    Google the name. I got this website Christine Yarker - Millinery - Fascinator Workshop
    Her email address is listed and it sounds like she would be able to help you.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2007, 09:12 PM
    If you are asking about the hat or head scarf type, then here is another link with the instructions below.

Astar's Hat Tips & Elegant Hat Instructions- Oct 26, 2006 | GOOD MORNING 2006 | TV ONE | tvnz.co.nz

1. Plain hat - one that suits your face, or a fascinator hat which is a small base like a Priest or Jewish cap that has a hair clasp already fixed and fits comfortably onto the head. How easy is that!

2. Tuelle or net.

3. Hot glue gun - makes creating so much faster and easier&

4. Needle and matching thread - for hand sewing accessories

5. Feathers and or artificial roses

Method -

1. Full head hat -

With matching, toning or colour contrasting tuelle, hand stitch around base of hat, then simply attach feathers, roses and trim in a pattern to suit.

2. Hat utilizing a fascinator base -

Fan, puff, or pleat net or tuelle then hand stitch to fascinator base. You might like to have net positioned to part cover your forehead and eyes or make an over sized bow placed at the side, back or front of base.

Then fix feathers and other accessories in a design best suited to your face shape.

The sky is the limit really, so just let your artistic imagination gather force and flow.

Happy creating Astar

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feather Fascinator [ 2 Answers ]

Hi just logged in as I need some help. I need to make a feather fascinator for my daughters wedding on 3.3.07. I have the combs feathers and ribbon but have no clue where to start. I do not suit wearing hats and to buy one is too expensive. Please can you help me.:)

How do you make an ad? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing an ad for PE on obesity. (I've changed my decision about this life factor 3 times!) I have spent almost 50 hours on the computer (Over the weeks of course!) looking at every site about making an ad. It has to be a video ad and it has to look like a professional ad as well. I only have a...

Wants to make out [ 2 Answers ]

What does it mean when a guy tells you straight to your face that he needs to make out with you or has an urgent urge? Does it mean he is making fun of you that you're a slut or letting you down in some way or does he seriously mean something?

How to make a. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello I want to know how to make a ouji bord I know you can make it some how and I want to try one knowing the danger I will be with at least one other maybe two other friend I have contacted the dead before at least I have believed I have my grandmother on perpouse and a ghost I think is in my...

Make up [ 1 Answers ]

I have to live as a woman for a while to win a bet. Because of some limitations I have to do make up myself. Can you guide me how do I do it step by step?

View more questions Search