Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CLiquori Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2005, 07:14 PM
    Tub to Shower Conversion
    We need to remove a standard 32x60" tub and replace with a shower. Is it possible to use the existing tub drain and simply slope the shower floor or is it essential to have the shower drain in the center? Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 15, 2005, 05:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CLiquori
    We need to remove a standard 32x60" tub and replace with a shower. Is it possible to use the existing tub drain and simply slope the shower floor or is it essential to have the shower drain in the center? Thanks
    A tub waste and overflow isn't compatible with a shower drain. You will have to install a shower drain off the trap raiser. On a tiled shower floor you can slope the drain to where ever you want it. There's no advantage to having the drain in the center of the shower floor. You may fill the tub dap out or cement over it if you wish. Good luck, Tom
    philandkath Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 04:24 PM
    We need to remove a standard 32x60" tub and convert to a shower which was already over the tub and has the plumbing in place. Is it possible to use the existing tub drain and simply slope the shower floor.? It is an existing concrete floor with a stud and drywall walls which are currently tiled we are able to match the tiles so that isnt a problem. Do I need to "tank" what would be the tray area the last 6 inches or so?Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 25, 2007, 06:09 AM
    You may use the tubs drainage but not the tub waste and overflow itself to drain your shower. You will convert to a shower drain off the tubs trap raiser. The shower drain can be anyplace on the shower floor as long as the floor slopes to it, it doesn't have to be centered. They do make a shower base that's designed to replace a tub. Interested? Regards, Tom
    cptkirkh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Is this the phill and kathy from San Marcos?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conversion from B2 to F1 while still in US [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am in US on B2 Visitor visa - I would like to study here and apply for F1 - is that possible while I am still in US - would I have to go to my home country or Canada for F1 stamping? Will it be an issue or complication when re-entering again? Please advise

Shp to gdb file conversion [ 1 Answers ]

How can I convert a shape to a gdb file mapsource can read.

Conversion [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently in chapter 13th bankruptcy, and I need to convert over to chp. 7 and I talked to some lawyers and they are charging too much. Is there a how to do it yourself answer out there.

XSD to XML conversion [ 1 Answers ]

I have one xsd file I want one blank xml to be generated from that schema. Thanks in advance.

GDB conversion [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Can you convert a *.GDB to *.MDB. If so, how can I do this? We have SQLany and SQL7 running on NT4 server. I would like to convert some GDB database to MDB for investigation purposes. Your help is appreciated. Thanks Kim

View more questions Search