Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tylo Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Rent rates in Aberdeen, Scotland
    Hi, I have been renting my rooms out in my flat for a few years, but I'm losing out on money because my rent is now too cheap.

I have tried to investigate other flats like mine to see how much a room would be to rent, but I've not really had much luck, I don't have time to go and look at flats to compare and don't have the money to put it to a company.

So if anyone has any idea what you would pay for a room, like this...

3 bed flat, room for let is double with large wardrobe, chest of drawers, desk and shelves. The flat has full mod cons, including broadband and SKY TV. In the flat there is two professionals (male) and myself, a student, I share with one of the guys. There is a cat in the flat but very friendly!
    Shared garden, security entrance, free street parking, close to town, asda, B&Q, RGU Univesity/gym/library. Buses every 10 minutes to and from town (5 minutes trip). All bills, incl council tax are included (excl telephone calls).

So if anyone has an idea, I did a broad search that concluded the average rent in £342, but this is cardboard boxes to apartments with balconies and en-suite saunas! Lol

Ps, I have tried the whole separate bills things, its not worth the hassle!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 04:17 PM
    tylo, you are going about this entirely in the wrong direction, so you are going to have to put some money out to make money and get rid of the cat.

I live in Canada and I know that some people here would just love to vacation in aberdeen and surrounding area and have a home base which is not a B&B. Sooooo, my dear friend,
    Your rent is toooooooo cheap cause have done the math on canadian dollar vs. pound sterling and find you fallingg way too short. If I called you and say, guess what, your rent is very attrractive and do you mind if I lose the cat, at $500 cdn. A WEEK, OR SAY 600 POUNDS A WEEK, just invest in an ad in the Toronto Star and see what happens.

Good luck and always willing to help someone from across the big pond.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Total Control Electricity (Scotland) [ 2 Answers ]

Some friends are extending their house and have asked me to do the wiring work. They have Total Control electricity, supplied by Scottish Hydro. I was not too familiar with the regulations appertaining to this tariff so I read the PDF on the SCARF website. It seems you can have a certain proportion...

Yields, exchange rates and interest rates [ 1 Answers ]

When interest rates falls, then bond prices rise and yields fall. However, when the exchange rate falls, investors demand less bonds, price of bond falls and yields rise. So what happens in an environment of falling interest rates and depreciating exchange rate- the 2 are opposing consequences-...

Way to go Brits & Scotland Yard! [ 28 Answers ]

Major Terror Plot Foiled in Britain: http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp?aid=314638&sid=WOR Way to go, mates!

View more questions Search