Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annabanana5591 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 01:56 PM
    North American History
    Hey I have been trying to answer this question for ever and I really just don't know...

1.What great geological event explains the formation of the Great Lakes, the St. Lawrence River system, the Columbia-Snake river system, and Great Salt Lake? (I know is receding glaciers)

2.How did this same geological event isolate the human population of the Americas from that of Asia? (but I don't know this one, I'm thinking maybe because they were close to each other.. but I know its wrong)

Can someone please help. Thanks :)
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 9, 2007, 03:00 PM
    [quote=annabanana5591]Hey I have been trying to answer this question for ever and I really just don't know...

1.What great geological event explains the formation of the Great Lakes, the St. Lawrence River system, the Columbia-Snake river system, and Great Salt Lake? (I know is receding glaciers)

2.How did this same geological event isolate the human population of the Americas from that of Asia? (but I don't know this one, I'm thinking maybe because they were close to each other.. but I know its wrong)
    history of north american glaciers - Google Search

Try this Google search - there are a lot of places to visit.

Good luck.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Hmmmmm.. Homework assignment again. See the following:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/histor...etc-29706.html

And then read the following about members doing homework for others:
    Read this first:

Expectations for the Homework Help board
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not simply retype or paste a question from your book or study material

We won't do your homework questions for you.
    You were given the assignment for you to learn.

If you come up with your own answer and post it for us to critique that is within reason.

If you have some SPECIFIC questions that you couldn't find or didn't understand, we may help with that.
    But this is your assignment, so show us you have at least attempted to complete it on your own.

Thank you.
    annabanana5591 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Sorry, but I thought since I al least tried to answer it it would be okay...
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 03:16 PM
    It's okay - you are new but that is also why there are guidelines posted in the homework help board. That other link should help you.
    alexandra.marie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2011, 07:47 PM
    The Great Ice Age is the event that explains the formation of the lakes and for the other question there was a strip that connected Alaska with some part of asia and when the Great Ice Age happened it covered it so that people couldn't pass from one continent to another

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

North American Union to be presented to Congress [ 24 Answers ]

Get ready to Rumble Globalist political heavyweights are preparing to formally propose to Congress the merger of the U.S. Canada and Mexico into a North American Union at the end of summer after they held secret meetings to Devise a plan that will be presented to representatives of all three...

North American Union and The SPP [ 5 Answers ]

I found this video of the Conservative Caucas highlighting the coming North American Union and the new currency, the Amero, very interesting. Why haven't we see this on the major networks? Here is the hyper link: The Dangers of the "North American Union" - Google Video

Furniture company in North American [ 1 Answers ]

Hi every body! Please kindly help me to find out where do furniture companies in North American focus in? Thks a lot. Sincerely yours!

North American Union [ 17 Answers ]

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=14965 In my opinion, the only way to end many of our current problems such as immigration, is to open all borders and creat a North American Union. Canada, America and Mexico become all one country. My question is, what will we gain and what...

African American History after the civil war [ 1 Answers ]

I got a couple of questions... ;D 1. What was presidential reconsturction? What policies concerning Freedmen are most associated with it? 2. What was congressional reconstruction? What are the greatest and/or enduring accomplishments of this era? 3. What were the black codes? 4. What...

View more questions Search