Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Sleaze bag goat loving al-Qaeda and the Taliban.
    ╪ The Pakistani government declared a state of emergency, what next do you think ¿

¶ Is it good to see a little gentle pressure from America has worked…now they will be able to better go after the █ sleaze bag goat loving al-Qaeda and the Taliban.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Crow

I have resisted making comments about the Saudis and the Pakis here when blanket statements are made about the claim that they are enemies. I do not know how much of the extremism is generated from the government in Pakistan or the House of Saud . I suspect there are elements in both countries ruling class that support al-Qaeda but I am more convinced that the larger part of the ruling class in both countries have the tiger by the tail and they don't know what to do with it. Turn it on us and they are looking at the stone age. But they are just as fearful that once released it will turn on them.

I found Obama's comments of last week curious. He has been consistent in his critique of our intervention in Iraq and that our actions have allegedly unleashed the sectarianism that Saddam so skillfully suppressed . But evidently he has no concern that our intervention into Pakistan could equally open a pandoras box in a country with a known nuclear arsenal .

I do not know to what degree Pervez Musharraf has willfully cooperated with us ,but it is a fact that we would have had a much more difficult time of it without his help .
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    Crow

I have resisted making comments about the Saudis and the Pakis here when blanket statements are made about the claim that they are enemies. I do not know how much of the extremism is generated from the government in Pakistan or the House of Saud . I suspect there are elements in both countries ruling class that support al-Qaeda but I am more convinced that the larger part of the ruling class in both countries have the tiger by the tail and they don't know what to do with it. Turn it on us and they are looking at the stone age. But they are just as fearful that once released it will turn on them.

I found Obama's comments of last week curious. He has been consistent in his critique of our intervention in Iraq and that our actions have allegedly unleashed the sectarianism that Saddam so skillfully suppressed . But evidently he has no concern that our intervention into Pakistan could equally open a pandoras box in a country with a known nuclear arsenal .

I do not know to what degree Pervez Musharraf has willfully cooperated with us ,but it is a fact that we would have had a much more difficult time of it without his help .
    Tom

I don’t think the U.S. is going to allow the Taliban to be the ruling party…and Musharraf simply appears to be incapable of making a sound decision. Things are not going well there at all.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 02:25 PM
    I am not concerned about the Taliban seizing power . However they were spawned by the Pakistan Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI )and they have continued to promote the Taliban in Afghanistan . The ISI has become a state within a state, answerable neither to the army, nor to the President or the Prime Minister. I am concerned about them . The President has since 9-11 attempted to purge Islamo-nazis from the ranks of the ISI but I have no real indication that he has succeeded.

Also I am sure factionalism is a much greater problem in Pakistan than many realize. The fact that Musharraf ceded N. Warziristan to local control is proof that he cannot control large geographical regions of the country .

No I am not enamored with the guy and I am thrilled for one that Bush is making the sound policy choice of strengthening our ties with India. However at this time he is for better or worse on our side and in that region that counts for a lot.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 02:31 PM
    I am not concerned about the Taliban seizing power The fact that Musharraf ceded N. Warziristan to local control is proof that he cannot control large geographical regions of the country .
    Yes…the Taliban… “In September, Pakistan's president Pervez Musharraf signed a controversial peace agreement with seven militant groups, who call themselves the "Pakistan Taliban." Pakistan's army has agreed to withdraw from the area and allow the Taliban to govern themselves, as long as they promise no incursions into Afghanistan or against Pakistani troops. Critics say the deal hands terrorists a secure base of operations; supporters counter that a military solution against the Taliban is futile and will only spawn more militants, contending that containment is the only practical policy.”
    The Taliban
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Which brings us full circle back to the original posting . The tribes in the region have violated the treaty provisions and attacked the Pakistan Army . The Army has as of last month threatened military intervention in the region. That would be preferable to an American intervention like Obama proposes . Although the country is unstable as it is ,I am concerned American intervention beyond covert action would be a tipping point. Not only would it enrage the tribal regions and the Islamo-Nazis but also the nationalists in the country .

All I'm saying is that as "weak " as Musharraf is ,a coup against him now is not in our interest . The same applies to the Saudis . Both can be dealt with at a better time.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Sickening the mess GEORGE W BUSH and his coherts have made of the War in Afghanistan and the occupation and the hunt for bin Laden. His War of Adventurism on Iraq. His mismanagement of the War on Jihadists.. THREE WARS... THREE SCREWUPS. Americans are all waiting for a terrorist attack this summer per Bush's Homeland Security director! And, how about the ports, Brownie?

Mr. Crow, did you get a new keyboard which you are testing on us? :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Sickening the mess GEORGE W BUSH and his coherts have made of the War in Afghanistan and the occupation and the hunt for bin Laden. His War of Adventurism on Iraq. His mismanagement of the War on Jihadists..THREE WARS....THREE SCREWUPS. Americans are all waiting for a terrorist attack this summer per Bush's Homeland Security director! And, how about the ports, Brownie??

Mr. Crow, did you get a new keyboard which you are testing on us?? :)
    I suppose the years of American military cutbacks added to some of the failures, when it was determined the cold war was over and what was needed was “peacekeeping brigades”

It so happens that the CIA was hit for big losses too.

It could be argued that this should have been taken into consideration.

Ms. Choux, I'm just playing around copying and pasteing ;) from a character map, not a new keyboard.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 05:37 PM
    What's the point of spewing this rubbish out. Each country must decide it's own security, Pakistan are reaping the result of appeasing extremeists and America is of little consequence in goading them into action. I am thankful I don't live in a country where such nonsense is permitted
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete
    what's the point of spewing this rubbish out. each country must decide it's own security, Pakistan are reaping the result of appeasing extremeists and America is of little consequence in goading them into action. I am thankful I don't live in a country where such nonsense is permitted
    I agree, pressure from America has not, and will not work there.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 9, 2007, 08:17 PM
    "It will take another attack on the homeland to quell the chattering of moonbats ,and to restore America's singular purpose of defeating jihadistan ."

Tom that's a radical statement and I disagree. I believe most Americans support the ideology of the "War on Terror." The other thing that's starting to sound scary is that you're not alone in thinking another attack on our Homeland would prove beneficial towards such beliefs. I hope the current administration would never manufacture such an attack.

Bobby
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Aug 10, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Sickening the mess GEORGE W BUSH and his coherts have made of the War in Afghanistan and the occupation and the hunt for bin Laden. His War of Adventurism on Iraq. His mismanagement of the War on Jihadists..THREE WARS....THREE SCREWUPS. Americans are all waiting for a terrorist attack this summer per Bush's Homeland Security director! And, how about the ports, Brownie??

Mr. Crow, did you get a new keyboard which you are testing on us?? :)
    The horse's rear strikes again.

Name:  horses_-chou.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  16.0 KB

BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome) is in full flare here.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2007, 08:10 AM
    It will take another attack on the homeland to quell the chattering of moonbats ,and to restore America's singular purpose of defeating jihadistan .
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    I hope the current administration would never manufacture such an attack.
    Hello:

It is VERY, VERY disconcerting to know that Karl Rove agrees with tom.

There was a time in my life when I would have considered such a possibility to be insane... I don't now. Pass the tin hat.

excon
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 10, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello:

It is VERY, VERY disconcerting to know that Karl Rove agrees with tom.

There was a time in my life when I would have considered such a possibility to be insane.... I don't now. Pass the tin hat.

excon

Excon,

The rating system says I have to spread some reputation elsewhere... but here is what I was going to rate your excellent reply.

BABRAM agrees: :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeding my goat too much? [ 11 Answers ]

New to the goat thing-can you feed a goat too much? She's in the process of weaning twins. We give about a coffee can full of feed twice daily plus hay and free feed. Babies will eat feed, too but she gets the most of it. She will not hush! Is she crying because she's hungry or about to explode?...

Pygmy goat behavior [ 2 Answers ]

I have a female pygmy goat that is about seven years old. The last couple of months she has been trying to "ride" the other goats. She chases them constantly. I put her in a fenced in area so the other goats can rest. She even tries to ride me. What in the world is going on with her??

Al Qaeda is "considerably operationally stronger than a year ago' [ 13 Answers ]

Al Qaeda is "considerably operationally stronger than a year ago'' and has "regrouped to an extent not seen since 2001,'' the official said, paraphrasing the report's conclusions. "They are showing greater and greater ability to plan attacks in Europe and the United States.'' Scary isn't it,...

Goat away [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Nice forum. My name is Michael and my wife and I just bought a house in the country. Absolutely love everything about it.Except for a neighbors goat! I have tried numerous times to cath our new neighbor at home to discuss this but have failed so far. She has beautiful Horses, and Swans, and...

View more questions Search