Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robinboyd9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Quit Claim
    In settlement proceedings with my x-wife, I agreed to sign a quit claim deed, leaving the marital home to her. In mediation she agreed to accept the debts and emcumbrances on the home. The divorce decree states that the quit claim deed was to be placed with my attorney until she obtained a loan refinancing the property solely in her name.

I signed the quit claim deed which was prepared by her attorney (with no notary prresent) and gave it to her. She had a friend of hers notarize the quit claim deed without validating my signature and then proceeded to file the deed with the county clerk. The mortgage holder was not notified either.

What do I do from here?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 9, 2007, 11:27 AM
    So why did you give it to her and not your attorney?

I assume both your names are on the mortgage. You need to go back to the court have them enforce the order to obtain financing. Otherwise, if the mortgage holder finds out about the change in title, they may call the note and they don't care about divorce decrees, your name is still on the loan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quit Claim or Quick Claim [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between a Quit Claim and a Quick Claim? Also, the last year of my mothers life she was very ill and lived with me, she signed her house over to me . Now I am going to sell it, do I have to pay taxes on the money I receive? I have heard if you are over a certain age you do not...

Quit claim and heloc [ 1 Answers ]

After twenty years in the military it was discovered that my husband was stealing he is now incarcerated. Before he left he had his mother cosign for a heloc using my house as collateral. He also forged checks draining my personal bank account. The bank will not speak to me they will only...

Quit Claim Deed [ 2 Answers ]

I reside in Fl. My mother had a Living Trust, in Fl as well. In the trust it clearly states that I am to receive her house. She passed away in June. I filed the Quit Claim Deed that came with the Living Trust. The county mailed back the appropriate paperwork. The house is now in the name of...

Quit claim [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I purchased a home together 4 months after we were married, but in order to get a better interest rate for the loan, and the title to go through I was asked to sign a quit claim document. Does this mean I have no interest in the home now that we are divorcing?

Quit Claim [ 1 Answers ]

I've filled out Quit Claim form. Now, I need to get it notarized. Where do you go to get it notarized? I live Oak Lawn Illinois, cook county.

View more questions Search