Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cincylady Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 09:26 AM
    27 inch RCA is solid green
    Hi:
    I have a 27 inch RCA TruFlat television. It is approximately 2 years old. When I turned the TV on, the picture turned all bright green (like the color of a highlighter), with lines running horizontally through it. It remained this way for about 15 minutes, and when I turned it on and off a few times, returned to normal. It worked properly for 2 days, then all of a sudden again, turned itself off, when I turned it back on the green had reappeared. For several hours it stayed on the green screen. After letting it rest over night, I turned it on, and still it was green. Again, after turning on and off repeatedly, it returned to normal, and has been working for about 2 hours.

When it is solid green, not even the channel numbers are very visible, nor is the menu etc... (they only show as feint ghosts). Upon startup the image appears as a very feint ghost in the background of the green, and eventually disappears to solid green.

Any idea what the problem could be? Is this something I could repair myself? If not, do you have any guess as to how much it may cost to repair (and yes, I completely understand it would be just a wild guess ;) )
    Thanks so much!
    cincylady Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Hi:
    I see that no one has answered this question, is there another forum someone could recommend for television related questions?
    Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Sounds like intermittent problem on board, If Familular with TV's and able to discharge
    High voltage line. I would(If you are a tech), Remove back, turn on, and Tap lightly on parts, with insulated instrument, note change in picture, also, with TV off, look at every solder joint for dull appearance or fine crack around solder point. Since it works normally sometimes, Then parts not likely bad, More likely a connection, Parts Can be intermittent, can apply heat or cold to suspect part to help locate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my relationship solid or is he a player? [ 17 Answers ]

I'm 28 and met a great guy (he's 30) about 3 months ago. He's from Norway, but lives here in the States. Things have been progressing very well between us, but sometimes I'm confused about whether he is playing me or cheating on me. This may be because I have been cheated on in the past, or it...

RCA LCD 32 inch TV losing sound [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a 32 inch RCA LCD HDTV and after 6 months it had major problems, could not change channels, etc. sent it back received replacement today and after having it on for less than 2 hours the sound is being interupted it comes in and out. I have it connected with HDMI cable. What can I do to...

First Solid Food; Just for fun [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, Just for fun. According to the Montel Show, TV,: What is the first solid food most commonly given to children in the United States? I was surprised! Do you know?

Solid surface repair [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Avonite top with a chip, 1/4" wide by 1/6" deep. I have the old > sink cut out for repair material and bought a new tube of the original > epoxy. Ideally, I am tiring to find a 3/8" tapered bit with a MATCHING > 3/8" tapered plug cutter. Is there such a thing out there? Where can I...

Solid Peer [ 7 Answers ]

I am new to this site so I hope Iv'e clicked on to the right section, my problem every time I go on the net I am plagued by this pop up "Solid Peer" how do I stop it invading my computer? Thanks Nev Grant

View more questions Search