Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eyc0r Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2003, 02:55 PM
    Bypassing "administrator" for java
    Here at work, I can't access anything that uses java because when I try to install java it gives me the error message about how I need to log on as an administrator... Now don't tell me there's no way to get around this... There are some programs that don't need administrator's rights... Like virtual machine... I tried installing virtual machine because for some weird reason I thought java was packed with it... But unfortunately... I STILL have yet to use java in internet explorer :(

Please advise?

-corey
    mahi_val Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2003, 08:58 AM
    bypassing "administrator" for java
    Normally JVM support comes pre-installed nowadays in Windows however sometimes you need to enable it in IE. You can do it in Tools - Internet Options.. - advance - virtual machines and then enable JIT compiler for JVM. This will enable JVM support in your browser (Internet explorer). This should solve your problem of viewing JAVA enabled contents.

As far as installing some things on your machine is concerned, if your administartor has restricted those writes (i.e. Installing some software or making changes in registry) to you then you won't be able to install it without administrator login.
    gilbert5 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eyc0r
    here at work, i can't access anything that uses java because when i try to install java it gives me the error message about how i need to log on as an administrator..... now dont tell me there's no way to get around this..... there are some programs that dont need administrator's rights.... like virtual machine.... i tried installing virtual machine because for some weird reason i thought java was packed with it.... but unfortunately.... i STILL have yet to use java in internet explorer :(

please advise ??? ??? ??? ???

-corey
    Your company has an 'Administrator'. They do this to keep unauthorized installs from being performed on their computers that could impact their system.

Call the Help desk at your company and ask. If you can give them a legitimate reason to have Java (other than surfing! ) they should send someone to your desk, login as Admin and then do the downloads.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

Difference between "htm" and "html" [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, In all the websites I make, they all come out when loaded onto the server as a "htm" file. But I see others who have "html" files on their sites, what exactly is the difference, if any? For example: what is the difference between index.htm and index.html and will the nameservers...

View more questions Search