Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LINDA22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Cleaning Company
    I have recently opened a cleaning company and I have been struggling to make ends meet because I don't know where to look for jobs and I don't have the means to market my company. My question here is Where do I look for Janitorial jobs ? Who do I contact? This is a problem because most buildings in NY are with a union which make small companies like mine even smaller and less likely to win contracts. Any advice?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Then you won't be able to service NY in that case. Can you not go outside New York to the smaller burbs and just visit companies and leave your card, explain your service and ask to quote on cleaning.
    HBF Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Aug 16, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LINDA22
    I have recently opened a cleaning company and i have been struggling to make ends meet because i dont know where to look for jobs and i dont have the means to market my company. My question here is Where do i look for Janitorial jobs ? who do i contact? this is a problem because most buildings in NY are with a union which make small companies like mine even smaller and less likely to win contracts. Any advice?
    You would have to contact the building manager/owner or whoever is in charge of hiring cleaning crews. Then you should send an introduction packet and ask to do a free no obligation quote.

You may want to do some residential as well since you need to make ends meet. They are easier to acquire.
    ayoko31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 1, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LINDA22
    I have recently opened a cleaning company and i have been struggling to make ends meet because i dont know where to look for jobs and i dont have the means to market my company. My question here is Where do i look for Janitorial jobs ? who do i contact? this is a problem because most buildings in NY are with a union which make small companies like mine even smaller and less likely to win contracts. Any advice?
    Hello, I too just started a cleaning company, I had biz cards made and passed them out to everyone I Knew. My goal was to get out and be know considering the competition, at any rate I got a couple of contracts just by doing that and sending letters (once a month) out to potential clients. Now the market may be a bit diff in NY but it won't hurt to try. Target small business as well as daycare churches and so forth. GOOD LUCK
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 1, 2007, 08:43 PM
    I would say of course that you keep contacting, there are millions of small and medium business. And as of today each have someone doing their cleaning, you have to sell them on the idea that you can do a better service, or a cheaper service or both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial Cleaning Company [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell what is the best way to gain commercial building contracts. We are a company that is venturing into commercial cleaning services. We do offices, churches, clinincs, daycares, etc. We have been in this area for about 2 years and have some contracts but we need to grow faster.

Cleaning company [ 5 Answers ]

I am working on starting a new cleaning comp. what do I do to get insurance and bond?

Cleaning company [ 1 Answers ]

Hello :) I want to create a cleaning residencial company and I need to create a form where people looking for a cleaning jobs can fill out, beside the basic information like name, phone number, nationality, address etc. What else important information I need to get from them? And in the other...

Starting a cleaning company [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to start a home cleaning service in uk as my a second and have friends who is willing to help, I drive but my friend doesn't would that be a problem? Also I would like to know what types of equipments I need (hoover , mop etc) and how many I will need to start with?also how many...

View more questions Search