Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goob12 Posts: 67, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Oblivion won't work
    I need some help with oblivion. What happened was I downloaded the patch version 1.2 and I haven't got the shivering isles before anyone says. Then I downloaded some mods for the game but I downloaded a corrupted mod which keept making my game turn off so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and then the patch was not on it anymore so I installed the patch again but I woudent let me it keept saying old file not found so I looked through my oblivion folder and deleted the patch but it still wouldent work I saw this file called oblivion and I scrolled over it and it said version 1.2 uk so I deleted that but I still couldent get the patch so I though screw it then and I went to play my game but it said I needed to install it so I clicked uninstall so that I could reinstall it but it wouldednt let me it said for to setup.exe and install to uninstall can someone plzz help me I'm stumped??
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Try reinstalling your game over the top of your current installation

Aug 9, 2007, 05:36 AM
    How do u do that??
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 05:38 AM
    Put in the CD, install, install it to the same place as your current install is.

Aug 9, 2007, 05:40 AM
    I can't the computer all ready thinks its installed whre the install button should be there is an unimstall button but when I click that its says install to uninstall
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Have you tried using add/remove programs?

Have you tried running setup.exe or whatever from the DVD?

Aug 9, 2007, 05:43 AM
    I've got vista and that doesn't have an add or remove programs but I have deleted every oblivion file I can find also how do you get to setup.exe
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 05:44 AM
    Explore the CD and is should be on there somewhere. It might not be called setup.exe but it should be sometime shimilar.
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 05:45 AM
    PS deleting everything is a bad idea. It leaves stuff in your registry.

Aug 9, 2007, 05:47 AM
    So how do I get it off my registry and I have deleted even the bethesda file there is now part of oblivion on my computer apart from the mods
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 05:48 AM
    Well, you needed to uninstall it, but you deleted everything instead. The best way to get rid of the stuff is to reinstall it over the top and then uninstall it properly.

Aug 9, 2007, 05:50 AM
    But I can't install it
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Have you found the setup.exe? I can look on my oblivion disc tonight.

Aug 9, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Nope where bouts would that b
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 05:53 AM
    Somewhere on the dvd, maybe in a folder called bin.

I can't check right now, give me a few hours and I'll tell you more.

I have to go now, my lunch hour is over.

Aug 9, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Kk il speak to you later then ty
    Evino Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 01:14 AM
    Lol. I am not sure about this, but when you go into My Computer, you know your E: Drive or CD Drive, right-click that, then click explore, if you scroll down you will the setup.exe file. But now my one stuffed up, see if anything works with yours.
    Evino Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 01:20 AM
    Ye, mine doesn't work for sure! The installation is stuck on C:\.. \DSETUP.dll. I am not sure why. Anyway, I have another solution. Somebody on www.extremeoverclockforums.com said that you need to donwload a respectable application. You may know of it. It is called Direct X. What's wrong aparently I that you don't have it. So the guy said to downlaod directx_dec2005_redist.exe. I can't download it fast cause I went over my usage cap. Its around 46.1 MB.

... try that
    despiseone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by goob12
    i need some help with oblivion. what happened was i downloaded the patch version 1.2 and i havent got the shivering isles before anyone says. then i downloaded some mods for the game but i downloaded a corrupted mod which keept making my game turn off so i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and then the patch was not on it anymore so i installed the patch again but i woudent let me it keept saying old file not found so i looked through my oblivion folder and deleted the patch but it still wouldent work i saw this file called oblivion and i scrolled over it and it said version 1.2 uk so i deleted that but i still couldent get the patch so i though screw it then and i went to play my game but it said i needed to install it so i clicked uninstall so that i could reinstall it but it wouldednt let me it said fo to setup.exe and install to uninstall can someone plzz help me im stumped??????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????
    Hey if you found out how to download it then can you tell me?? my comp keep saying there's a problem with setup.exe and I've downloaded everything with setup.exe under the sun and it still won't work!! can you give me some help here?!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Saturn won't start, power locks won't work, radio resets itself. [ 4 Answers ]

My 99 Saturn has had some starting problems in the past. It would sometimes not start but if you let it sit from anywhere from 45 minutes to 24 hours, it would eventually start. Or, after having Dad look at it, we could tap the starter and it would work. So we thought it was the starter. I...

More oblivion [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone no why I can't install any mods I have winrar any it but it won't go on to the data files on the actuall oblivion start up menu plzz help and no I don't have the shivering isles or knights of the nine ep I asked before for my uncle

Kenmore he4 panel won't work and dryer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have had the circuit board/panel replaced once on my he4. I had only 2 weeks left on the warranty and figured it should be OK once it was fixed. They wanted another $200 to renew the warranty! Didn't have the $$ at the time. Anyway, the same darn thing is happening... you have to push the buttons...

Speakers won't work! [ 9 Answers ]

I have just recently fixed my computer from a bug called isass.exe system error. In order to fix my computer I had to insert a recovery disc deleting everything from my computer. There was a weird thing on it I deleted the bug but I still had all my programs when I came to watch something on my...

It won't work [ 2 Answers ]

My mp3 player uses napster and you hook it up and when I try to download it says no device detected Whys that

View more questions Search