Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baddog9009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2003, 12:58 PM
    I have virus (pwsteal.trojan)
    Hi,
    I have virus in my computer called pwsteal.trojan and there is only one infected file : c:\windows\system32\explorer.exe and I have norton 2003 and it couldn't fix it or delete it.
    Then I tried 2 use (the cleaner)but also it couldn't fix it.
    Also I tried to enter symantec.com but I didn't understand what to do so I hope that someone could help me.
    cyrus Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2003, 02:52 PM
    Lots of viri have the sam alias did you get a more specific name also try the free online scanner form trend micro its pretty good and can usually get the ones that norton cannot. http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    mahi_val Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2003, 09:12 AM
    This is very old virus and it is detected and cleaned by Norton AntiVirus (Also a tutorial on how to remove this virus is available on syamatec site).
    For more information visit this URL: http://securityresponse.symantec.com...al.trojan.html

Tip: To get details about these kind of old viruses, search in symantec virus dictionary provided on symantec website. URL: http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ml#threat_list

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Izio Trojan [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm the computer dummy with the Aurora Popup prob. I downloaded webroot (Thanks) It keeps telling me I've got this Izio Trojan in memory please walk me through ridding this blanetyblank. I'm so tired and frustrated I wrote to Microsoft and they sent a (Pro) to help me but you wouldn't even...

Help Annoying Trojan! [ 5 Answers ]

I was playing GTA::SanAndreas when my northern antivirus show the "deleted virus pop up"... it is very annoying... I could not get rid of it... Then as I got to know it better through forums.. I learned that it was a varible virus that is never ending.. then in the 2nd day, I ran all my AVs and...

Virus/trojan problem [ 10 Answers ]

Hi , Got a problem getting rid of Elitum.EliteBar I've got the removal tool ran it in safe turned of system restore Ran ccleaner and window washer but it keeps regenarating itself Spybot s&d found it I saw the manual removal instructions but they aren't very clear Any ideas how to purge...

Trojan/agent-bn [ 1 Answers ]

hi have run x-soft on my PC and keep coming up with trojan /agent-bn its in the registry software/microsoft/windows/current version/internet settings /zonemap/domains/search softnet.com could someone please tell me what it is and how to get rid of it goldie

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search