Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skychief Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 8, 2007, 09:39 PM
    Bankruptcy& Debt
    Can anyone answer this? I filed for bankruptcy chapter 7 and am to be discharged in 10 more days. When I first met my bankruptry lawyer he knew at that point and on 3 diffent other dates that I wanted to reaffirm 2 loans that I had out there.now with only 10 days from being discharge I find out the paper work was not done on this when one of the banks management personal came over to talk to me with my and my lawyers permissionI signed a paper reafirming that debt and the next day on my answering machine my laywer left a message saying that the loan office filed it wrong and it has to be done over in the few days to meet the deadline and that are agreement never include this type of action and he wants 250.00 more .which I have already paid 2000.00 for .
    My ? Is this can he charge me exrta now when he knew that I whated to reaffrim these 2 loans when I entered into this? Is he trying to get a extra 250.00 out of me?
    Can I try to reaffrim this on my own to these loan offices?
    Should I call the trustee and ask about this or call the trustee lawyers to ask? I feel my lawyer is taking avantage of this somehow knowing this has to be done in the next ten days?
    Isn't it his duty to take care of me ,he and his office personal knew right from the start that I wanted to reaffrim these two loans since they both have cottaral of my to them that I don't what to lose?
    If anyone knows these answers please reply as soon as possble.
    Thanks in advance
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Normally the fee you pay your attorney for a bankruptcy includes all paper work that has to be done, no extra fees or charges. And honestly I doubt the paper work the bank did was wrong, most of it is on a computer and merely fill in the blank. If you submit the paperwork to the trustee, they can merely reject it,if they do not believe it is done properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Helpful Information about Bankruptcy, Debt & Credit Bureaus [ 5 Answers ]

Below is some helpful information from our Bankruptcy & Debt Expert. Of course, you're also welcome and encouraged to post questions to this board for more information: Just click the "Ask about Bankruptcy & Debt" button at the top of the page.

Bankruptcy and debt [ 1 Answers ]

My sister took a second on her house to pay some debts. One of the debts was $2500 she Owed me. Now she is filing bankruptcy. Her lawyer said since she repaid me insteat of other Debts. I am liabel for the $2500 of her debt. But if I write her a check for $900 they won't Bother me and she can do...

Bankruptcy & Debt [ 5 Answers ]

What is the statue of limitations on debt? Can a creditor ask for repayment on something from 1992?

Bankruptcy, 401K & a lot of debt [ 6 Answers ]

I am sick at my stomach as I type this, and don't have anyone else that I can talk to about this. Here's the situation: My husband and I filed bankruptcy and it was done on 1/1/02- only 3 1/2 years ago. We have been building our credit back again,and over the course of time, now find ourselves...

View more questions Search