Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RaeAnn79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 08:13 PM
    How Do I Get My French Passport And Work In France?
    Hey,
    I was born and raised in Canada, however my father was a french citizen when I was born and did not become an official Canadian until I was around five. My understanding is that this makes me a citizen of France as well. If this is true, how do I go about getting my French passport and moving and working in France for a year or two?
    Any information would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance,
    Rachael Wissink.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 06:22 AM
    Your best bet would be to call the French consulate in Canada and just ask them. Since you were born in Canada you are a Canadian citizen, the fact that your dad was not at the time of your birth doesn't change that. But, he might still be able to sponsor you to receive a work permit or permanent resident status in France.

Consulates - Visas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

French work permit/passport [ 0 Answers ]

Hello; I am an us citizen; married a french citizen in 2002 in the US; and had a child in the us 2003: She registered are marriage and child in France and we have a the blue french Leveret. She move to france to get settle, while I finished school: Question: how long; and how much money...

French passport [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, My mother was born in egypt but was never granted egyptian passport because of being a jew. She had a french passport all her life. Her french passport is now expired and after living in the states for 30 years she just applied and received an american passport. I was born in the states...

View more questions Search