Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bankans Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 06:19 PM
    NON Profit Organization.
    Hello I have a website and a forum under it. We are planning to create a NPO. Can we use our forum part only as NPO and keep the rest of the site profitable?

Please help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2007, 06:28 PM
    A NPO can have a part that makes a profit, as long as it pays taxes on that money. For example a church may own a apartment building, while its donations are not taxable, its other income can be taxable.

If you are creating a NPO, even have a business you need to sit down with a good CPA and have all sorts of plans made.

The dividing of income for a NPO can be touchy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to start a non-for-profit organization [ 1 Answers ]

I am starting a ministry. In this ministry we plan to do more than hold regular church services. We want to be charitable also. I do understand that in order to become 501c3 tax exempt, we must become incorporated through the state and then file through the federal. Is there more than just...

Charity/donation vs. Work for non profit organization [ 2 Answers ]

Hi If I provided a work for non profit with a discounted rate (approx. 20%), can I put Down the discounted amount in Charity/Donation sector? This was how I and My non-profit client negotiated the pricing when we began the work relationship, And I would like to check if this is really...

How to report nonemployee income for a non profit organization [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I did some freelance gig for a non-profit organization, and received A standard 1099-misc for the income tax report. As it was a non-profit, I Initially gave the client a discounted rate, assuming that there would be more Amount to write off in the end. The client says their EIN...

Should I grant someone right to use/edit my writings for a non profit organization [ 2 Answers ]

undefined I was asked by a non profit organization and individual therapist to write a letter. The topic/organization is called HABIT - Healthy Alternative and Body Image Tools. We are trying to get into elementary schools and high schools to educate kids on eating disorders. Well I ended up...

View more questions Search