Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 04:31 PM
    What is this?
    My hubsand squated down to day to pick up a small item, when he raised up he heard a pop and was in severe pain/ could barely walk. This was around 9:00 a.m. at 3:00p.pm he went to the doctor, from his knee down was swollen he was given naproyxen, as he was leaving we saw that the back of his leg had a huge lump where the leg bends this was not there before. The m.d. said he has no clue what it is does anyone have any idea? His leg does not really hurt to walk on now but it is really swollen. He has appointment with a orthopedic surgeon/doctor tomorrow. Oh a couple of months ago he injured his other knee and wore a knee brace and took naproxen for it.
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Aug 8, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Could be a knee sprain or ligament tear. Sounds like you'll find out soon enough though.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 04:36 PM
    He says since it doesn't hurt know he does not want to go to the dr's appointment! But it looks terrible, and a little bruised int the back of the knee.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 04:44 PM
    He should definitely go and at least get it all x-rayed. I had the same thing happen to me about 2 years ago. I was training at the gym and went into a lunge and heard a loud pop. My knee was all messed up all big and swollen. It turned out a had caused some minor damage to my ACL (it was like a sprain). Tell him they won't do anything scary and they'll give some naprescen (sp? ).
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Glenda did the back of your knee swell... ooh it looks so gross and painful.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Yeah it was pretty disgusting. I wore a tight ace bandage brace for a while and the napersen helped reduce all the nasty stuff.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 05:50 PM
    He has a leg thingy, but we could get an ace bandage if it works better. Thanks
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Husband had an x-ray, then an MRI. He has a cyst on the back of his leg. The minesca(spelling) is torn and must be repaired and the cyst must be removed. To think all of this from squating down to pick up something. Just thought I would update my post.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Update. Oct 5 was the surgery, repaired the tear, removed the cyst and left over tissue that was there from when he was a fetus. He left hospital/outpatient with 80 pain pills, a walker and some instructions. Saw doc in 7 days, will see doc on Tuesday for removal of bandages and should start rehab the following week. The doc, says he should be able to return to his job in 6-8 weeks. He has a very physically demaning job or it could have been sooner.
    He says that he has had very little pain and he barely takes any of the pain medicine.
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 08:38 PM
    Sunday 11- 18 -07 He went back to work!! Yah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search