Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Good girl Em. All is good with the world now.

Soooooo, has anyone started working on their Christmas lists?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 12:35 PM
    I'm going to buy the biggest, most commercialized plastic Santa for my yard this year. I just made that decision today.

I started on my Christmas list last month.
    Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 12:37 PM
    LMAO.

We have this guy that dresses as Santa (a good friend) he calls every year around Thanksgiving and asks the kids ages, their teachers names, friends, grades and so on. Then he magically appears at my hubby's shop and talks to the kids.

He knows all about them up front. It is really funny to see them light up when he says something like "I heard you got a 75% on that science test, were you too busy playing with Paula to study?"

OMG, it is really hilarious.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 12:40 PM
    Oooh I'm going to get the big blow up ones with the snow falling that my son loves so much, even though I'm not a big fan... simply because it will help him resent me more later in life...
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 12:42 PM
    I thought I would get one that pops out of the chimney and waves.
    Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Oh, crap Al, too funny!!

You know I was 13 before I realized there wasn't a Santa.

My parents took movies of my uncle dressed as Santa when I was a year old. He was placing gifts under the tree and they brought me down stairs. I sat on his lap.

Every year I said that there was no Santa they would show me that movie. When I was 13 I finally said, "You know Santa looks like Uncle Ron." They had to give it up then.

Ruined me for life.
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    LMAO.

We have this guy that dresses as Santa (a good friend) he calls every year around Thanksgiving and asks the kids ages, their teachers names, friends, grades and so on. Then he magically appears at my hubby's shop and talks to the kids.

He knows all about them up front. It is really funny to see them light up when he says something like "I heard you got a 75% on that science test, were you too busy playing with Paula to study?"

OMG, it is really hilarious.
    This is brilliant! My husbands father looks a lot like Santa, (and a little like Jerry Garcia with white hair) to the kids, and my nephews always are looking at him trying to figure it out. Well a couple years ago he told the youngest that it was a whole heck of a lot warmer here than where he was from, and my nephew asked if he was from the North Pole... since then, it has stuck... You should see them straighten up when he is around... lol... we call him on the phone when my son needs a reminder... heck if I'm already lying to my kids, I might as well milk them for good behavior as well... lol
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Years ago my family and I were traveling back from Thanksgiving from my sister who was about 6 hours away.

We stopped at Wendy's for lunch. My hubby and I had our backs to the order counter and we were eating and chatting. Suddenly my son's eyes bulge out of his head. I turned around to see what he was looking at. An elderly gentleman with white hair and full beard was in line. He was wearing red cords and a coordinating flannel shirt. My husband and I surmised it must be Santa and he was in town checking out the kids. We all enjoyed thinking and talking about that and then headed out to our car.

In the parking lot was a shiny new red Cadillac with personalized Florida plates that read - you guessed it - Santa. Son was convinced. He was also well behaved the rest of the trip and grinned to himself the whole time.

My son is MR/DD and still isn't completely sure what Santa is. I just keep telling him he is a state of mind, not a person. Difficult for him to grasp with all the guys in red around.
    Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Hey, I think I met that man in Florida once!! He even changed his name if it is the same man, and his driver's license reflects that.

When I was little we had a new choir director at church, my sister was about 5, he had a long beard and was dressed in robes. My sister saw him and yelled "hey Mom look, there's Jesus"
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Lol... we don't really talk a lot about Jesus in our house, at least not since my son was born, and Im no longer a member of my old catholic church with my sisters, so Connor doesn't know what Jesus looks like yet... all he knows is"big butter Jesus" which he chooses to sing in church during my nephews 1st communion...
    Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 01:45 PM
    LMAO, Al... Now the one I am talking about with my sister was oh, 33 years ago. I don't have a local Catholic church here, and I had to go 7 days a week growing up, so I believe I served my time.
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 01:48 PM
    What can I say, he's my husband's son... lol... you feeling better yet?
    Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Just took some DayQuil, ran out earlier. Head hurts, feels like it's 150 in the house but I am shivering.

But, yeah, feeling great!! LOL

I hate when people complain really. I try not to.
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Poor thing... with the amount of crap you put up with you deserve to complain sometimes... well.. im headed home. Hae good night, and feel better.
    Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Night Al, drive safely!!
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Aug 22, 2007, 11:21 PM
    Maybe it's just me but dayquil never worked for me, during the day I just took nyquil and that usually did the trick of relieving pain... another thing would be comfort food, food can satisfy the soul and body...
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 01:18 AM
    Ah comfort foods only good wiz if you aren't the one making it ;)
    Expert

Aug 23, 2007, 04:49 AM
    NyQuil just puts me to sleep, and with kids and studying and all, DayQuil is necessary.

And yes comfort food, if I had an appetite I would eat some. If I had some energy I would make some.
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Good Morning crew!

I have a newbie question. Why did the Santa thread totally disappear? I know Scottgem had recommended it be closed, but why is it completely gone? I wanted to see what else our friend had to say.

It was weird how he went from being all Christian like to nasty personal attacks.
    Expert

Aug 23, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Em, it has been temporarily deleted pending a review, and our "friend" is taking a short time out. You see, after I logged off last night he began attacking other members using some not so nice, vulgar even, language. I'll leave it at that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Secret Clearence [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a website that I can go to for an application on getting what is called "secret Clearence" Or can I only get that through the company I plan on applying at?

The Secret [ 2 Answers ]

First of all, I'm Wham and I can't for the life of me, figure out how to use the introduction board, I'm from New Zealand, I am a Maori from Opotiki. Has anyone out there seen The Secret, and if you have what do you think

Dirty little secret? [ 5 Answers ]

I've got and issue with my son's father... First let me get you up to speed, so you'll understand what's going on here: He and I dated a short time and broke up... a month or 2 later I found out I was pregnant... he wanted to get back together and get married when I told him no, but that we...

Frustrating secret [ 75 Answers ]

Hi I am having a lot of trouble at the moment, and have done for the last 1 and a half years. I am kind of with this guy who I love very much and he loves me too. We have no problems together at all, the only problem is my mum. She doesn't like him because she doesn't think he is good enough for...

Should I keep it a secret? [ 1 Answers ]

There was this exchange student last year from Germany and he sat behind me in my English Junior class. I didn't get to know him until the last few days of school because I was too shy to interact. When I finally got to know him, he caught my heart. At that time, however, I thought it was just...

View more questions Search