Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ginza Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2005, 12:35 AM
    Real estate disclosure laws regarding meth labs
    I had just purchased a home in may. I had just now gotten the sellers disclosure papers this month. On the disclosure papers she had lied about some things. To be more specific. The very first day we moved in our sewer system backed up when I ran the dishwasher. This information was not disclosed to us. Also we were finding syringes and needles throughout the property both in the house and in the storage building. When we called the sheriff's office to dispose of them properly. We were informed that our new home was a previous site of a meth lab bust. This was not disclosed to us. The sellers spouse was manufacturing meth here and the seller had said on her disclosure paper that she had no prior knowledge of a meth lab. I have the police report stating that she does.
    We are still having probs with our septic/sewer system.
    What are the laws regarding this and do we as the buyer have any rights. Could we get the house re-appraised and are we responsible for fixing the plumbing/sewer system?
    serialwife Posts: 117, Reputation: 16

Aug 14, 2005, 10:35 AM
    This all depends on the state that you are in. Do you now to what extent your home has been decontaminated? There are major ramification for living in a lab home for children and even pets. Email if you want details.
    ginza Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2005, 11:46 PM
    I live in Ok and I know that it is against the law to lie on the disclosure forms. I have 2 small children and 3 pets. I'm not sure what the extent of the decontamintaion was, it was in 2001 that the police did the search, yet we still found syringes and needles, I guess I would say we found about a dozen of them. We haven't found anymore since then. When our septic system first back up the real estate office that the house was listed under did send a plumber out but we are still having the same prob now, 2 months later.
    I would like to e-mail you for more details. Could you please PM with your e-mail addy?

Thanks,
    Ginza

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Real estate laws [ 3 Answers ]

If a person originally puts a their house on the market including apliances, are they allowed to change their mind just before closing and not include them? Is there laws concerning this matter?

Real Estate [ 3 Answers ]

Does any one here know about real estate. I'm wondering which aspect of the whole career is best as in buying a house fixing it up and selling or going through companies. Or if they are two totally different things in all. Just any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Real Estate Broker disclosure obligations [ 1 Answers ]

In New York state, must a broker (or landlord) disclose that a deceased person's ashes are buried on the grounds (of a country house for rent)?

Real Estate Laws [ 3 Answers ]

If A rental property comes with appliances, who is responsible if the appliance stop working properly. The tenant or the renter? :confused:

Real Estate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: How do I find out whether a real estate broker is licensed?

View more questions Search