Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amador Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Blower does not shut off on 15 yr old Bryant heating unit
    The blower on my 12-15 yr old Bryant keeps going ignoring the t-stat stetting.
    I taught it was the t-stat, I replaced it and it still does the same thing.
    About a year ago the board was replaced with a newer one that has a fuse (3 amps)
    And was told that with the fuse it would prevent it from getting damaged.
    The reason I mention the board is because everything I have found points to this board or a blower relay which I believe is integrated in this board.
    Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Amador

P. S. I did check the fuse.
    AR
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Could be a relay sticking or perhaps a shorted control wire to the relay, check for bare thermostat wires at thermostat and furnace.
    Amador Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Ok, Last night I got home and the blower was out, the AC unit was still going- You can see condensation starting to build.
    Anyway, I am getting the board replaced.
    In the meantime (and you should probably not do this) I ran a power line directly to the blower to keep it going until I can replace the board, and by the way I found the unit is 23 yrs old. I am due for a new one.
    Thanks and hopefully this helps other people.
    Amador.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC Inside Blower Stops, Condenser runs continuously Until Entire Unit shut off & Reset [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Trane compressor outside. The unit comes on and the interior blower comes on for a few hours and then stops blowing. I tried to turn on the fan via the thrmostat and it does not work when it shuts down but otherwise works fine so its not a wiring problem. The outside unit continues to...

Bryant 395CAV blower speeds [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, It appears that my furnace (Bryant 395CAV) isn't blowing cool air at a high enough speed. I don't feel that the house is as cool as it should be - the air coming from the vents is cold, although it doesn't seem to circulate around as much as it could. I've done some "balancing" and...

Size of ac unit needed to match a carrrier heating unit [ 3 Answers ]

I had a Carrier natural gas heating unit installed in 2003. Model number 58STA/STX 070 Catalog number 535-80105. My ac unit has gone out and the company I bought the heating unit from has gone out of business. What size ac unit will match the heating unit? Thanks so much!:cool:

No blower on Bryant mdl plus 80t [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Bryant Plus 80 t unit the blower will not kick in after the burner lights up, I've checked the fuse on control panel , not blown, a small led light on control panel blinks on and off. Stat is digital and working, burners have bright blue flame and shut down after a minute or...

Bryant Blower Motor [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Bryant furnace that is 13 yrs. Old. I would like to take the blower motor out and replace it with a new model. Is there a correct way to remove the blower without tearing the whole furnace apart?

View more questions Search