Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anita houston Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2005, 07:43 PM
    Bad landlord
    Should I refuse to pay rent if landlord is not being responsible about making repairs
    serialwife Posts: 117, Reputation: 16

Aug 14, 2005, 10:38 AM
    No you need to continue to make rent on time. Include a letter stating that you are seriously concerned about the landlords lack of reparations. Tell him that if he fails to make these reparations he is in violation of your lease. You will seek other arrangements and that he is the person in default of the terms of the lease. Tell him you can consult with an attorny if necessary.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2005, 04:10 PM
    Repairs
    Quote Originally Posted by anita houston
    should i refuse to pay rent if landlord is not being responsible about making repairs

Put your complaint in writing to the landlord, state the problem with the property, give him amble time (20) days to comply, if he fails to do so, place future rent payment in escrow, until repairs are made... Important always put it in writing, you need a paper trail as proof. More can be found by internet search.

mr.yet
    upfront Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 12:06 AM
    I rented a house a year ago and my year lease was up this year in January and after that I was on a month to month lease. In that year there were several complaints that I submitted to the LandLord about serious problems that were happening in the home he made a effort on time to come to fix one problem but that problem prosisted and I made him aware of it but he never came back to fix problem. After the first complaint there were several more but the Landlord said it would cost too much money to fix that problem was to replace the faulty windows that were not secure plus it made my Gas and Electric go up plus it was a health hazard for myself and Granddaugther who has asthma and I am a diabetic which we needed air and we couldn't open windows cause there were no screens I had written letters on several occasions on the problems but did not get any response to when he would come and fix windows or other problems please tell me what I should do in this matter. THANK U.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant vs. Landlord, VA [ 4 Answers ]

This one is a bit complicated... any help would be greatly appreciated... I was told by a woman I was working with that she had a house I could move in to and pay her "whatever" for the moment because she was paying the mortgage and it was empty. Something is better than nothing. I moved in...

Landlord Requirement on A/C [ 17 Answers ]

Is the landlord required to provide air conditioning in a rental home?

Can the landlord be responsible? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I am new here and have a rather important question. The tenant next door to me is extremely bothersome with his loud music and late night arguments with women. I have called the police on several occasions but this last one he went into a tantrum yelling expletives and told me that "i watch...

Am I a Landlord? [ 7 Answers ]

I invited my 25 year old daughter and her small children to come to my house and live after they were homeless in Florida in the fall of 2004. They arrived in March of 2005. Since moving in she and her small children have ruined my carpet, walls and one toilet. They are slobs and she hasn't...

Landlord harassment [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to take my landlord to small claims court what can I claim? He has made no repairs on my apt since I moved in and then he tries to monitor who comes in and out of my apt and how long they stay. He questions my teenager and guest who come to my apt. I have called the police on him since...

View more questions Search