Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vubu992003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 06:48 AM
    AC unit ( Lenox) keep running
    Problem: I have Lenox AC unit 5.5 ton compressor. It is about 9 years old. It was running fine until last night; I found out the unit inside and outside kept running constantly until it tripped my 60amp breaker.

I looked at the evaporator coils and found them covered with lint and nearly blocking the air flow. I removed all the lint with a vacuum cleaner and spayed the coils with coil cleaner solution; waited 5 minutes and rinsed with water. I noticed the air flow (velocity) coming out of the vents is very good. Now, when the air turns on it and take about 30 minutes before it cycles back off.. The thermostat set to 79 degrees. The outside temperature is about 92 degrees but the temp at the register measures 65degrees. As I remember when the house was new the temperature coming out of the vents would be around 58 degrees.

Question: What should be checked next? Is it time for a new air conditioner system?

Notes:
    - Filter replaced 1 month ago
    - The feon was charged on 3 months ago.
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Aug 8, 2007, 08:24 AM
    It sounds like your contactor may be stuck.

XenoSapien

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC unit running but not cooling house [ 9 Answers ]

We moved into our house last summer and it had be renovated with a new Goodman CKL24-1L system, (~3 months old at the time of move in). Our home is small, maybe about 1000 sq ft. However, we had some trouble with it last summer, it would often have trouble keeping the temperature low. We would...

Condensing Unit Frozen and Running Constantly [ 6 Answers ]

For a couple weeks now I've noticed that the pipes leading from one of the outside condensing units had ice around them. This morning I opened up the unit and found ice around the compressor, too. Another thing that I've been noticing is that the fan will run all the time even if I turn off the...

A/C unit fan stays running [ 2 Answers ]

The FAN on the air conditioner unit on top of my house stays running all the time. The unit cools when it is supposed to, however when it's reached the room's temp, and the house thermostat automatically shuts of the unit, the fan staysd on. It even stays on when the slide switch on the thermostat...

AC/Heat unit outside won't stop running [ 1 Answers ]

The unit that's outside of my house won't stop running. I've turned the air/heat off and it continues to run. Finally a few days after turning the heat off I went outside and just flipped the breaker. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Unit outside will not stop running [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have a Lennoxx AC/ Heating Unit that is run by electric. The unit outside will not stop running even though the thermostat is turned off. I have turned off the breaker for now. Any idea what could be causing this ?

View more questions Search