Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Genya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 12:37 AM
    Honeywell TH8320 to Trane XL80 wiring
    Hi,

I have Honeywell TH8320 thermostat which I'm trying to connect to Trane XL80. My problem is that it's 2H/1C system with no heat pump but all TH8320 wiring diagrams only show either 2H/2C or 1H/1C. So I got a bit confused. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 10:59 AM
    You only connect the wires for the number of stages that you have , use the diagrams for 2 stage heat and 2 stage cool but only connect the single stage cool to Y-1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 TH8320 wiring [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 2-stage heat, one stage cool heat pump. I am trying to wire this thermostat but it is not working. I called a professional and she told me to wire it as follows, but the heat will never kick on no matter how long I wait. Left Side Heat Pump Y2-No wire L-No wire E-No wire...

Thermostat wiring MapleChase to Honeywell TH8320 [ 4 Answers ]

I have an old thermostat from MapleChase. It has 7 wires and is currently wired as follows: C (black) L (none) R (Red) Y2 (none) Y1 (yellow) E (black) G (green)

Trane Xl80 Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Keep getting the blinking light on the control panel. Flashes 4 times it say's it means that the thermal protection device is open. O.K. what does that mean . And can I fix or do I have to call a repair man Thanks Jimmyd

Trane Heat Pump tstat replacement with Honeywell prog - wiring question [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace my Trane Weathertron tstat with a Honeywell RTH7400 prog one. I have a Trane heat pump with aux heat. I've been poring over these thread piece-mealing some info the follow is the result. The old wiring scheme: X2 - black O - orange G - green Y - yellow T - tan/brown R -...

View more questions Search