Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poodlepamm Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Auto theft
    My daughter who is 21 in Az bought a car from our local ford dealership. They gave her the car with a paid off trade in and only 400 down. She bought a 2007 mazda 3 and she was to give them the remainder 800 on this past sat. well instead she took off to GA and has not responded to the dealerships phone calls. They told her by the end of the week the car would be reported stolen. On top of this her license is on the verge of suspension due to not paying her traffic fine. She met a man off the internet and took my 2yr old grandson with her. What charges will she be looking at??
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2007, 04:58 AM
    Hello pamm:

I don't think the car is stolen. She just owes money on it.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2007, 07:05 AM
    No criminal charges ( they may try a fraud) but this is a civil issue, they are calling trying to scare you into paying the money.

It sounds like she has made a lot of poor choices, Now if he is in GA, they are very tough in some places about driving on suspended license.

But my main worry would be this man off the internet and the grandson

But she can except them to try to repo the car, sue her for the balance.
    And more.

Aug 8, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello pamm:

excon
    The ford dealership is stating since she only put 400 down the remainder was to be paid on the 4th and she is not contacting them via phone and are willing to work with her but she has refused. They said it basically is up to the bank, will they report it stolen?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by poodlepamm
    the ford dealership is stating since she only put 400 down the remainder was to be paid on the 4th and she is not contacting them via phone and are willing to work with her but she has refused. they said it basically is up to the bank, will they report it stolen??
    Hello again, pamm:

It ISN'T stolen so it doesn't matter who says it is or who they complain to.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 8, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Well the question is was it registered in her name? Was a title application put in? If so, then its not stolen. However, if they gave her the car pending her returning it or paying the $800. It might be considered stolen. In some areas, taking a car via fraud from a dealer will be considered theft.

Aug 9, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Well the question is was it registered in her name? Was a title application put in? If so, then its not stolen. However, if they gave her the car pending her returning it or paying the $800. It might be considered stolen. In some areas, taking a car via fraud from a dealer will be considered theft.
    YEs this helps me out a little bit better but still haven't heard anything from her. SHe is in some gated community in GA from what her friend is saying but didn't know anymore. GOt the insurance callencation notice due to no payment. And her license is going to be suspended still waiting for that to come to the mail. She never changed her license or mail over from my house to her apt so I should get all that info Iwould hope

Aug 9, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    No criminal charges ( they may try a fraud) but this is a civil issue, they are calling trying to scare you into paying the money.

It sounds like she has made alot of poor choices, Now if he is in GA, they are very tough in some places about driving on suspended license.

But my main worry would be this man off the internet and the grandson

But she can except them to try to repo the car, sue her for the balance.
    and more.
    What do you suggest I do as I am trying to track her down there in GA, not too much info to go on, he breeds big dogs from what she told her friend and drives a BMW & suburban lives in a all black community from when she went down there in May but I have no other leads

Aug 9, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello pamm:

excon
    Can't the salesman get into trouble since he didn't really check things out. He did go with her to an employer who stated she started with them on July 20 and bought the car on the 27 of july-- her work history over the past 2 years has only been about 8 months as a CNA and her scrubs are all here in the closent

Aug 10, 2007, 05:31 AM
    If the salesman didn't follow SOP in checking references, he may certainly hear it from his bosses. But there is little you can do at this point. You can tell anyone looking for her that you don't know where she is and haven't been in contact with her since whenever. You can tell them the last you heard she was someplace in GA. But that's about it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 06:16 AM
    It appears her friends knows where she is at and is in contract with her, but it is also fairly obvoius she is "on the run" or hiding from others.
    Basically it all will catch up with her in time.

Aug 10, 2007, 12:29 PM
    If the salesman didn't follow SOP in checking references, he may certainly hear it from his bosses. But there is little you can do at this point. You can tell anyone looking for her that you don't know where she is and haven't been in contact with her since whenever. You can tell them the last you heard she was someplace in GA. But that's about it.
    Yea that's all I've been doing not sure when they will catch up with her but she keeps digging her grave deeper & deeper, I just haven't heard anything on her since Monday the 6th and am concerned.

Aug 10, 2007, 04:19 PM
    I can barely imagine the worry and fear and anxiety you must be going through (I have a 23 yr old daughter). It must also hurt to be feeling so helpless. But there is little you can do but hope that she comes to her senses.

Aug 10, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    It appears her friends knows where she is at and is in contract with her, but it is also fairly obvoius she is "on the run" or hiding from others.
    Basicly it all will catch up with her in time.
    Thanks for the words, just trying to get her back here with my grandson.:(
    :(

Aug 10, 2007, 04:42 PM
    I can barely imagine the worry and fear and anxiety you must be going through (I have a 23 yr old daughter). It must also hurt to be feeling so helpless. But there is little you can do but hope that she comes to her senses.
    Thanks for the words, I just keep praying that they are OK and hope to see them both again alive and well. My grandson last time I saw him July 30 he didn't even want to come to me. Her girlfriend tells me she has told my grandson Mason several times he isn't going to see grandma again, doesn't she realize the emotional abuse she will cause him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grand theft auto san andreas [ 3 Answers ]

All right so I'm trying to go out with michelle who is at the driving school. But I don't know what to do I know I'm supposed to have at least 75% fat but she is always fighting someone and I stand there waiting for her to get done and when she is then she crouches down like she is scared of me,...

Grand theft auto [ 2 Answers ]

Can you be charged weith grand theft auto as part of a repo? And can you be charged with it if you hide the car from the repo man? (this was done due to advice given by a lawyer) and then the car was ditched with the keys inside... what can I do? And what can I be charged with??

Grand theft auto [ 1 Answers ]

What are the games in order of series of being relased for ps2?

Grand Theft Auto [ 1 Answers ]

My son stole a vehicle in Kentucky and traveled to Georgia were he was arrested. He is beign charged by Georgia for transportation of stolen property and currently is held on a 7,500.00 bond in a county jail for that charge; and is also awaiting extradition to Kentucky to face charges for grand...

View more questions Search