Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helenemindy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Clear water brown looking
    My poor dad is at his wits end with his pool. He recently had new bitumen on the road which he lives in and after that his pool has now gone very bad. He has had the water tested which is all clear however the pool certainly does not look clear. It is a fibreglass pool and the water looks brown the wall of the pool has gone all brown and seems to have stained it. The pool shop just keeps selling him everything to try but nothing works. I have heard that some sort of acid can clear the walls up and clear the water so it looks blue again.
    Can someone help me please:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 8, 2007, 07:54 AM
    The new roadway probably has nothing to do with the color of the water. Once the walls turn brown you will need to scrub them with a stiff brush. In some cases the water is so bad you just need to drain the pool and refill to get a better start on controlling the algae.
    berrysweetncgurl Posts: 166, Reputation: 19

Sep 2, 2007, 02:31 PM
    I think this is red algae that is giving the pool a reddish brown color, they sell a special type of shock for it you should be able to ask for it at your local pool supply store
    Hope this helps your poor ole dad
    kluers72959 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by helenemindy
    My poor dad is at his wits end with his pool. He recently had new bitumen on the road which he lives in and after that his pool has now gone very bad. He has had the water tested which is all clear however the pool certainly does not look clear. It is a fibreglass pool and the water looks brown the wall of the pool has gone all brown and seems to have stained it. The pool shop just keeps selling him everything to try but nothing works. I have heard that some sort of acid can clear the walls up and clear the water so it looks blue again.
    Can someone help me please:
    I had the same problem and I bought a $60 water filtration system from Sears and I now have beautiful white steps again in my pool instead of brown.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cloudy pool water can't get it clear [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a easy set up pool with the inflatable top ring its 18ft round and 4ft deep and my water got really cloudy I brought a sample to the pool place he gave me some chemicals so I did what he said and it still was cloudy.I have all non chlorine chemicals in my pool.when I use a test strip in...

Brown/clear capsule, reads E5254 [ 2 Answers ]

What type capsule is this??

NEW hot water heater -- brown water [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a brand new home (New Construction), have city water, and an all house water filter. I went to fill my jetted tub for the first time this evening and the water was brown. I went to the sink, ran the hot water -- it was brown. Emptied the sink, filled it again with cold water it was...

Brown hot water in tub/ and cloudy water in well [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought a new house. It has an electric RHEEM hot water heater and I am running it on a well. 1st question about the well cold water is cloudy and I have run the well for 3 straight days. The well is 181 ft deep. Is there a way to get ride of the cloudy water? 2nd My hot water...

View more questions Search