Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nefarious9800 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 05:41 PM
    IMB T40 Laptop won't start windows XP without blue screen error.
    I'm using a Access IBM predesktop Area computer (laptop also known as T40) with 512 RAM.

It has windows XP home edition with all the updated files from Microsoft. The problem is I get a blue screen containing an error message (more details about error below). Now I know I have the options to press F8 and reboot from last system configuration but none of those options help including "disable restart when system failure occurs" or something along those lines, and all it does is restart the computer in the same manner it was before.

The error code displays the following:
    Technical information:
    Stop: Oxooooo7e (Oxcoooooo5, Ox805c607b, Oxf8b1e8, OxF8b57444)

Now, I have noticed the blue "IMB Access" button on the laptop but it seems that I need a backup floppy to restore my computer successfully to Windows XP so I was wondering if anyone has it available. I will greatly appreciate if you can send me the file so that I can burn it on CD.

The problem seems to have gotten worst after uninstalling the IBM DLA software and replacing it with a different version because my "HP DVD writer 940d" was having problems being detected with windows XP and I always needed to format it before using it with Nero.

I really need a quick solution without deleting the operating system as it contains very important files so I was wondering if there is any software in DOS mode that is capable of cloning the primary hard drive to send it to an external hard drive via USB 2.0.

So far I did a Google search and was only able to find "Norton Ghost 2003", but it's not for free and doesn't support cloning of hard drive via USB 2.0 so any help on software cloning or just simply telling me how I can by pass that annoying blue error screen will be greatly appreciated.

I only want to delete the operating system as a last result so please provide me with anything that might be helpful!

Also before offering any suggestions keep in mind that I don't have a floppy drive and I don't have the Windows XP CD. Thanks in advance and I hope to get a timely solution as this is very urgent. I'm using my mom's desktop as we speak and I have to say she really don't like me using her computer. :P
    masaaaak Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 06:05 PM
    If you failed safe mode, then the best thing is to get somebody's xp cd and try to repair. Other than that take it to your area retail store for advice, don't take it to best buy or circuit city, since for every detail they'll charge you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 7, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Wy don't you have the Windows CD? Your best bet is to get a legal copy of the XP CD and run the repair option.

Aug 8, 2007, 03:47 AM
    Yeah, without the Windows XP CD I'm screwed, but I'm really low on cash. Is there a way to just download Windows XP and simply make it bootable so my IMB laptop can detect it? Thanks for the helpful information.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2007, 04:13 AM
    Well we are not going to help out get a pirated version of XP so that's settled.

It looks like you may have a corrupted registry. The OS reinstall would be an option but since you don't have a CD then you can try plan B. Pull out the laptop hard drive, buy or borrow an IDE adapter and slave it to a desktop computer. Save your files there. Format and reinstall OS (Ubuntu?)on the laptop.

Aug 21, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Well, I was able to fix the problem by doing a Google search so I just thought I might help some folks out who were having the same problem as I did. I found a way to make a bootable Pirated Windows XP disc using Nero, but the recovery feature in Windows XP just really sucks and didn't help me so I used Method 2 as shown below (but if you think it may help rescue your computer, go head and ask for my email and I will provide you a tutorial that will show you how to burn a bootable pirated Windows XP using Nero) Anyway, please be aware that my solutions provided below will work on desktops computers as well so go head and take a look.

Well here it goes…

Method 1 (50% success rate at recovering your data)

If your computer keeps restarting and you get the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) or stop error message. All you have to do is use a Windows XP disc and follow the instructions on the CD to recovery your system.

Method 2 (100% success rate at recovering your data)

There is an operating system that runs on RAM called “Knoppix” so if your hard drive is completely dead IT WILL RESTORE EVERYTHING ON IT! Even if you had a virus! The great news is that it's free but the bad news is that it runs on CD and everything takes a while to load.

==========================Everything About Knoppix==================================

Go to this site ===> KNOPPIX Linux Live CD and download the latest version of Knoppix. The CD version is about 700 MB and does the job well to rescue your computer but if you want you can download the DVD version of Knoppix it features more software and works well too. Anyway, once you're done downloading Knoppix, it will be in an ISO format so you have to BURN IT AS AN IMAGE. I used Nero but other burning utilities works great as well, if you need help burning CD images, try googling it. Once you have your Knoppix on CD, make sure your computer can boot from CD and you'll be able to do varies things on Knoppix such as scanning for viruses, copying your data and burning them on CD (only available if you have 2 CD drives) or you can just send all your files to your email. There are many things you can do with knoppix so you'll find a lot of rescue programs to aid in recovering Windows XP.

Cheers! ^_^

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows xp pro- blue screen of death [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, had to join after I asked a friend on this issue. ( And I thought XP was immune from this.) It say's: On Blue Screen; Stop: C0000218 {Registry File Failure} The Registry cannot Load the Hive File:\SystemRoot\System32\Config\Software Or it's log or alternative. It is...

Laptop, blue screen, white lines then restarts [ 2 Answers ]

For some reason, my laptop will get a blue screen with white scrambled, jerky Lines. The lines resemble text, but I can't tell. After this happens it will restart itself. It happens every now and then. Any clues?

Update RAM, now getting blue error screen [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Vaio FRV37 laptop which is expandable to 1G. Ram. ( originally 512MB/ 2-256 PC 2100 cards.) I added 2- 512 cards and comp. gives blue error screen just after boot up. I then took out (1) 512 strip and put back a 256 strip, now leaving one strip 512mb, and the other strip 256mb, and...

Windows 2000 Server Blue Screen [ 3 Answers ]

My current server is stuck at a "blue screen" during bootup. There are no error messages just a blue screen. All of my connected workstations can still access the network drives. However I cannot access any programs on the server directly or via VPN. I can still open a VPN to the server and...

Blue screen/wont boot to windows xp [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a PC problem that I have been trying to fix for 2 weeks. I have the dreaded blue screen, it says registry error. I can not get it to boot to windows xp. It just keeps starting all over. Counting down, and starting all over. Safe mode won't work either. I did that 3 hour check and it...

View more questions Search