Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beckylegna Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 03:45 PM
    4 week old kittens
    My cat had a litter of kittens 4 weeks ago today. Two days after delivery mom died. So far I've been doing pretty good raising them. But 3 days ago they stopped have bowel movement on there own and was difficult with stimulation. Found some remedies on this site. Which worked but now bm is loose and excessive, and not taking bottle. My question is re: them not eating and loose bowel movements.

p.s. seem to be urinating fine.:confused:
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Since they are not eating they are not getting any nutrients and diarrhea is not a good sign. I would call you vet ASAP; he may give you his professional opinion or advise that you bring the kittens in. Good luck.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 04:06 PM
    At four weeks you could offer them kitten dry chow/softened with the formula. This may help.Orphaned Kittens ~ Pawprints and Purrs, Inc. Also Feline Diarrhea ~ Pawprints and Purrs, Inc. If these kittens make it please consider spaying/neutering them. Good Luck

Aug 7, 2007, 04:12 PM
    Thank you! They are eating some just not like they were. Tried softened kitten food but they don't seem interested.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 04:13 PM
    Give it to them right before you would give them a bottle. Maybe just a teaspoon each t start with smash it up. Put some on your finger and rub on their mouth.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 04:18 PM
    #2 Report Inappropriate Post
    Chelseabeeb

I had a 6 week old kitten do the same thing! She would eat a little bit a of kibble and then wouldn't eat anymore. After about 2 days she wouldn't eat anything.. I tried formula, wet kitten food, mixing her kibble and wet food, soaking the kibble.. everything! She was just waisting away.. I took her to the vet for fear of her life and they said she was being starved. I told them I had triend everything I could, they said she was just gobbling up the food they gave her in the back! I was so supprised! It was baby food!! All meat baby food, like the turkey, beef or chicken. I took her home baught some baby food and proceeded to feed that to her until she was about 13 weeks. Then all of a sudden, on her own, she just decided to take the kibble and never went back. It saved her life and she fattened right up!

Good luck if it hasent been to late considering this was about 2 months ago...
    -Chelsea

Comments on this post
    Pompano agrees: This is good,and you can also pour some tuna or chicken juice over the kitten chow.This could help other people on here,because this question comes up quite often.
    You may find this helpful it was on a post from yesterday. :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Rank I love that site it is so full of information. I am really so happy that I found it.

Aug 7, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Thank you. i will try. if anyone has more suggestions please i can use all the help i can get! :p
    </IMG>
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Check back there is a vet tech that gets on she may be able to give you some ideas. Pompano is her name. I wish I could be of more help.

Aug 7, 2007, 04:34 PM
    you all have been so great! thank you very much. I'm not usually on the computer (except lately about kittens) but i think this is the best site i have found!!!!! Still would appreciate any more suggestions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fleas Treatment for 2 week old kittens [ 9 Answers ]

My New Cat had her Kittens - 4 cute little ones, :D My question is how can I treat them to prevent fleas. I had a Flea collar on the mother until a few day before her litter was born(she got it off) And I was advise to take it off, to make sure it didn't harm the litter I am not sure, but I...

4 week old kittens... food? [ 11 Answers ]

Hey, As I have previously posted, my cat had kittens recently. They turned four weeks old today. I've been reading all over the intenet that I should be starting to introduce food to them. The only problem is... what kind? I know it should be soft... but after that I'm at a loss. Shuld I just...

2 Six Week Old Kittens.. One Won't Eat! [ 2 Answers ]

I recently acquired two six-week old kittens (or at least so I was told)... one of them, a female tabby, will eat wet food, and the other, a black male, won't eat at all... This is after a day and a half, and I am very worried now because he hasn't appeared to have eaten a single bite as of yet!...

2 week old kittens [ 6 Answers ]

I have some 2 week old kittens and they have fleas,How do I get rid of the fleas without hurting them?:

5 week old kittens [ 1 Answers ]

I got these kittens from this lady and they are only 5 weeks old! I think this is too young for them to be away from the mother am I right or wronge the lady gave them to me and told me they drink water and stuff but they don't. They eat fine but what should I do to get them to drink water?

View more questions Search